Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] 1Bournemouth v Spurs

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
True. But at least BG predicted Smug FC's score correctly. Just missed off the "4Spurs".

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Spurs have arguably the best centre back in Europe and arguably the world in Anderweireld but continue playing Sanchez who must be one of the worst in The Premier along with Aurier if they want to win anything they both need replacing

1. Sanchez is an excellent player who would walk into most of the other top 6 sides and everyone below them.
2. Alderweireld is in a contract dispute with Spurs and currently injured.
3. Aurier switches from right back to left back for Rose, then promptly scores.

Do you know anything?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That was not what you put

" playing Sanchez who must be one of the worst in The Premier"

Which he is not, neither are.

Given Sanchez is 21 and his first season in the PL he has not done too badly...
I think he's a very decent player from the few times I've seen him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
1. Sanchez is an excellent player who would walk into most of the other top 6 sides and everyone below them.
2. Alderweireld is in a contract dispute with Spurs and currently injured.
3. Aurier switches from right back to left back for Rose, then promptly scores.

Do you know anything?

1. I wouldnt want him at Brighton in preference to Dunk or Duffy and even possibly Goldson.
2. He is in dispute as apparently he want £200k per week which a Manchester club will pay him. He playedf ion the Cup game so injury is not a problem.
3. When the game was all over and Bournemouth pushing forward again I wouldnt want him at Brighton. I would sooner play Trippier on the times I have watched them on TV.

Spurs have a record of buying duff CB e g Kaboul perhaps they should try for Dunk or Duffy.

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
1. I wouldnt want him at Brighton in preference to Dunk or Duffy and even possibly Goldson.
2. He is in dispute as apparently he want £200k per week which a Manchester club will pay him.
3. When the game was all over and Bournemouth pushing forward again I wouldnt want him at Brighton. I would sooner play Trippier on the times I have watched them on TV.

Spurs have a record of buying duff CB e g Kaboul perhaps they should try for Dunk or Duffy.

Go home, you are drunk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
2. He is in dispute as apparently he want £200k per week which a Manchester club will pay him.

OK, never mind positions 7-20 - here's a list of Top 6 CBs that Sanchez is better than: Stones, Lovren, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Mustafa, Koscielny. Is he better than Duffy? Yes, although Duffy himself is better than a few of those I've listed too.

As for buying duff CBs, they normally get shipped out quickly and for a hefty profit (see Kevin Wimmer -£18 mill to Stoke)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
OK, never mind positions 7-20 - here's a list of Top 6 CBs that Sanchez is better than: Stones, Lovren, Smalling, Jones, Rojo, Mustafa, Koscielny. Is he better than Duffy? Yes, although Duffy himself is better than a few of those I've listed too.

Definitely not Stones or possibly Jones but only comparable at the best with the others that you mention. who are all weak. Hence their managers looking to sign better. Would Mourinhio or Guardiola sign him I doubt it very much but both would love to have Anderweireld and one of them will in the summer if they offer to out pay the wages of Real or Barcelona.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Alderweireld is an excellent player but every club has a wage structure. Tottenham don't have the same budget as City or Utd - the only 2 teams above them.

Aurier is a decent back up full back. What hurt them against Juventus was Ben Davies, who is decent but not as good as Rose.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Alderweireld is an excellent player but every club has a wage structure. Tottenham don't have the same budget as City or Utd - the only 2 teams above them.

Aurier is a decent back up full back. What hurt them against Juventus was Ben Davies, who is decent but not as good as Rose.

As you rightly say back up but not good enough as first choice for a team with ambition. It is just my opinion as a closet follower of Spurs.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Definitely not Stones or possibly Jones but only comparable at the best with the others that you mention. who are all weak. Hence their managers looking to sign better. Would Mourinhio or Guardiola sign him I doubt it very much but both would love to have Anderweireld and one of them will in the summer if they offer to out pay the wages of Real or Barcelona.

I am a fan of Stones, but he makes way more basic errors than Sanchez

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here