Auch
Before my time, but certainly recognize the name from my programme collection

Always sad to hear the passing of one of our players

RIP

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
He scored a whole lot of goals one season just before I started going. I did see him play though. RIP

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
My first football idol.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Wally Gould was a major influence on why I started following Albion all those years ago and one of the best and most exciting number 7s ever to wear the shirt. He had the lot. He was fast, could dribble down that right wing beating defenders with ease, cross the ball accurately and score goals and stood out in what was a very good team at the time in a forward line that read Gould, Jimmy Collins, Bobby Smith, Jack Smith and John Goodchild. The slightly later arrival Kit Napier rightly gets plaudits on here that Wally Gould deserved just as much as whilst a different type of player, he was just as good. RIP, and yes, there should be a minute's silence at the next home game.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
RIP great player . Know his son Ian although have not seen him for a few years as he moved abroad.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Good player - he was in the Albion line-up for my first game.

Remember John Boyle kicking him in the FA Cup tie and getting sent off

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
One of my early heroes when attending the Goldstone with my dad and uncle, both now long gone. Thank you for the memories Wally.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Good player - he was in the Albion line-up for my first game.

Remember John Boyle kicking him in the FA Cup tie and getting sent off

I remember this well, was it about 1967, I was about 12 and one of my earliest Albion memories. Ground was heaving that day
RIP Wally

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here