Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham points deduction surely......

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
So it’s ok to support a move to if it guarantees success? This is a sport, nothing is guaranteed. They are just another club fighting their way like the rest of us, they are nothing special.

I never said it was OK to support the move if it guarantees success. But of course if you are convinced to move from your home, you want it to benefit the club. It doesn't look to have done so, and part of the reason for that is because Gold/Sullivan haven't as of yet lived up to their pledges to try and make them a top club. Also, they made a profit of about £50 million last year, but they admitted their profit would have been pretty much the same had they remained at their old stadium. In the end, the stadium move has done nothing for them, and when I look at their stadium, it depresses me. They are stuck there for the next 100 years.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
They are pitch invading because they don’t like their new 57k capacity stadium and perhaps more importantly are in threat of relegation. And I understand their invasions repeated four times today

It was 1 occasion, it would be completely different if it was 2/3 times and they already had a warning.

SussexGold

Feb 26, 2018
Points deduction ��
Not even a big issue what happened, few unhappy people nothing much else happened, it’s a matter for the club

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Unless the law has changed in the past couple of seasons, Noble is very fortunate not to have been sent off. Not saying he should be, morally, but that’s happened before in that instance.

Punishment wise, a suspended points deduction would probably be the sensible thing - otherwise they’ll be on the pitch every game.

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
West Ham are not quite a yo-yo club but they have been relegated twice in the Premier League era and finished fifth once.

Not sure what is happening at the moment on the pitch is exactly unprecedented in their recent history.

el punal

FA won’t allow the Olympic Stadium to be a championship stadium if they can help it. Unfortunately they are one of those clubs the FA favour and will just give a fine which won’t even dent the pockets of the club.

What? I don't suppose the FA give a flying f*** whether the Olympic/London stadium is a Championship stadium or not. On what evidence do you give that the FA favour West Ham above other clubs? I will grant you that it will be derisory fine that the FA will issue West Ham, let's see. Let's also see whether they will insist on part of the stadium being shut too. Deducting points? Fat chance!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This from some agitator Keiran Maguire

IMG_2475.PNG

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What? I don't suppose the FA give a flying f*** whether the Olympic/London stadium is a Championship stadium or not. On what evidence do you give that the FA favour West Ham above other clubs? I will grant you that it will be derisory fine that the FA will issue West Ham, let's see. Let's also see whether they will insist on part of the stadium being shut too. Deducting points? Fat chance!
The FA probably don't - but the people involved in making the stadium a 'legacy' might be! The 54K Pretendence today (although I don't believe West Ham have that many fans!) might temporarily satisfy them, but if the National Treasure (cough) they're supposed to be protecting as a legacy is host to, say, Burton Albion in front of 10 or 20K fans next season they might feel its destiny does not lie in being a tax-payer subsidised facility for an undeserving football club.
I hope Leyton Orient screw them for an absolute mint when they have to ground share!

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008
You melts our all the same these lads are fightin for there club and you lot go all pc Mavis Reilly.

One word

Passioninit Fans

regards
DR

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
One word

Passioninit Fans
DR
Can we have a recount?:wink:

West Ham have never been anything special. Certainly nowhere near as special as they think they are. 32 teams have finished first or second in the English top division; West Ham aren't one of them.

There were three pitch invasions today, one after each goal. None of them much of a show, just a few nutters, not a massed rank. Burnley weren't very tactful about it - the first "invasion" caused a 3+ minute delay immediately after the first goal, before West Ham eventually kicked off (in footballing terms!) and Burnley scored again 33 seconds later! Way to calm the situation, guys. :lolol:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Can we have a recount?:wink:

West Ham have never been anything special. Certainly nowhere near as special as they think they are. 32 teams have finished first or second in the English top division; West Ham aren't one of them.

There were three pitch invasions today, one after each goal. None of them much of a show, just a few nutters, not a massed rank. Burnley weren't very tactful about it - the first "invasion" caused a 3+ minute delay immediately after the first goal, before West Ham eventually kicked off (in footballing terms!) and Burnley scored again 33 seconds later! Way to calm the situation, guys. :lolol:

That PPF is the parody account.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here