Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham points deduction surely......

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
'West Ham' on Twitter is a joyous experience.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Some people on here have very short memories. We had plenty of pitch invasions before the FA took away points.

I’m with the West Ham fans on this one. Have had the soul of their club destroyed for the sake of a cheap deal at a big stadium. Not surprised they expected to see some of this money invested better.
This, with bells on.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Sure, but there were fans who weren't happy at the time. .

Not many - 85% of the fans supported the move to the stadium

I'm not sure that they can the club hasn't invested either: £20+ for Arnautovic. Lanzini on 70k a week and I bet Hernandez is on a similar sort of deal. They're not a money bags club but they're scarcely another Blackpool

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Some people on here have very short memories. We had plenty of pitch invasions before the FA took away points.

I’m with the West Ham fans on this one. Have had the soul of their club destroyed for the sake of a cheap deal at a big stadium. Not surprised they expected to see some of this money invested better.

Their story is a million miles away from ours. If they were in the top half of the league none of this would be happening. I have zero sympathy for them. Another self entitled set of fans. And they will get a nominal fine which won’t touch the sides. My sympathy lies with Dulwich Hamlet not WHU.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
IMG_20180310_WA0004.jpg

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Not many - 85% of the fans supported the move to the stadium

I'm not sure that they can the club hasn't invested either: £20+ for Arnautovic. Lanzini on 70k a week and I bet Hernandez is on a similar sort of deal. They're not a money bags club but they're scarcely another Blackpool

Supporting a move and being happy about the move isn't the same thing. 85% supported based on the information given at the time, and the questions they were presented with. I remember there were a lot of concerns raised about moving from an historic football ground to a converted athletics stadium, hence polls such as these.

One of the options:

Support move as will provide resources to improve squad and club - 51%

A reluctant acceptance to move as it will allow the club to improve their on-field performances through increased resources. That hasn't happened.

If the fans had been asked "are you happy to relocate from the Boleyn Ground to the Olympic Stadium", then you might expect the percentages to be quite different. I'm not sure how many fans would have supported the move to be in an on-field position no better than they were before.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It's just another bleedin' heart club, thinking they should be in the PL, because of reputation.
Aside from the supposed top 6, the lesser part of the PL is changing, clubs who've just survived every season, are struggling.
You have to earn the right to be there, as the Albion have done.

Yep. Fair chance of all three promoted clubs staying up which is almost unheard of.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yep. Fair chance of all three promoted clubs staying up which is almost unheard of.

The cynic in me will probably say that all the pundits, would talk, next season, about the former PL giants that are in the championship league!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Soccer Saturday Pre game programme showed David Sullivans son, I guess about 22 year old, being interviewed with a heliopter behind him. he was pleading with the fans to stop protesting and get behind the team,
If anything was going to wind up true fans, Neanderthals or not, it must be a Hooray Henry with a rich daddy that has ripped the arse out of the club, and a helicopter, telling the fans what to do.
What a wanker

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Supporting a move and being happy about the move isn't the same thing. 85% supported based on the information given at the time, and the questions they were presented with. I remember there were a lot of concerns raised about moving from an historic football ground to a converted athletics stadium, hence polls such as these.

One of the options:

A reluctant acceptance to move as it will allow the club to improve their on-field performances through increased resources. That hasn't happened.

If the fans had been asked "are you happy to relocate from the Boleyn Ground to the Olympic Stadium", then you might expect the percentages to be quite different. I'm not sure how many fans would have supported the move to be in an on-field position no better than they were before.

So it’s ok to support a move to if it guarantees success? This is a sport, nothing is guaranteed. They are just another club fighting their way like the rest of us, they are nothing special.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here