Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham points deduction surely......

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This made me chuckle

Not sure if the link goes straight to the tweet from a Alex Lancaster and refers to a West Ham fan who has invaded the pitch but looks more like a trendy french/spanish guy

''Sebastian would you mind holding my soy latte for a second, while i make my way down to the grass to give those boys a piece of my mind''

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/foo...olved&&ns_fee=0#post_5aa4186e547a0106889811dd

Last edited:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
£96m on wages, not sure what the problem is. Constantly in spurs shadow really hurts them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Some people on here have very short memories. We had plenty of pitch invasions before the FA took away points.

I’m with the West Ham fans on this one. Have had the soul of their club destroyed for the sake of a cheap deal at a big stadium. Not surprised they expected to see some of this money invested better.

It was their ‘god’ bilic who has screwed them up, most overrated manager on the planet and spent a lot of money on useless players like zabaleta, hart, and players who don’t care like Arnatovic and Hernandez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I haven't followed them that closely, did the fans protest against the stadium move etc?

Initially I believe they did but were obviously sold the dream and it hasn’t quite worked that way has it.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Initially I believe they did but were obviously sold the dream and it hasn’t quite worked that way has it.
No it hasn't, but it's hardly the same as us losing the Goldstone.

So what exactly is their beef, just not enough money spent on players?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

They (not me) say that Gold/Sullivan/Brady promised that losing their spiritual home and moving, would give the club the income to compete with the top 6, with transfer fee expenditure to match. That didn't materialise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Owners siphoning millions out of the club, under investing in the playing squad, ground sold from beneath them ?

Good for them standing up for their club

Hmmmm, shouldn't that be poorly investing?

How many of their players are currently picking up £100+K a week?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They (not me) say that Gold/Sullivan/Brady promised that losing their spiritual home and moving, would give the club the income to compete with the top 6, with transfer fee expenditure to match.
Did they really say that? No wonder they're pissed off.

Still, first world problems.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

It's not just about the money spent on players. It seems a lot of West Ham fans aren't happy with their stadium. I wouldn't be either - it isn't fit for purpose as a football stadium and looks absolutely gash, what with the fans a massive distance from the pitch.

I think they were chanting today 'we're not the West Ham we were before' or something like that. They feel the soul has been ripped out of their club,

Gold/Sullivan were only ever in it for the money, so it was never going to end well. I remember before Bloom stepped in they were rumoured to be interested in taking over us. We can only be thankful that that never happened.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Karen Brady paying herself £900k a year
Gold & Sullivan taking out £15M of INTEREST in loans they’ve made to the club

(Source our own El Pres)

Their net spend on players is a deficit Southampton would be proud of

Moving to a bigger Withdean when they had a decent home

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Did they really say that? No wonder they're pissed off.

Still, first world problems.

It's just another bleedin' heart club, thinking they should be in the PL, because of reputation.
Aside from the supposed top 6, the lesser part of the PL is changing, clubs who've just survived every season, are struggling.
You have to earn the right to be there, as the Albion have done.

theboybilly

I don't get the comparison with our plight at all. This is all about West Ham fans sense of entitlement - they are not, and (in my humble opinion) never will be a top 6 club. They are just about the fourth biggest club in London! But relegation might not be the disaster that they think if the fans keep coming in their present numbers - if they don't they just confirm my view. They have not had the soul taken from their club. The Boleyn was not really expandable. The present board may or may not be woeful but Archer & Co they are most certainly not. Or Oystons for that matter

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not just about the money spent on players. It seems a lot of West Ham fans aren't happy with their stadium. I wouldn't be either - it isn't fit for purpose as a football stadium and looks absolutely gash, what with the fans a massive distance from the pitch.
But the time to complain about that was when they applied for it, not now it's too late to change.

Karen Brady paying herself £900k a year
Gold & Sullivan taking out £15M of INTEREST in loans they’ve made to the club
Ouch. Understandable they complain about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here