Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Today’s other games.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Pedantic and tedious post alert - it probably wouldn't have been because had Palace been awarded the first goal the rest of the game, from the resultant restart, would have played out in a different way and they may never have scored that second goal.

The one that always annoys me is when we are knocked out of the cup, and see who the team we lost against has drawn, people say that's who we would have played. No, it doesn't work like that.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Apart from our defeat, it’s been a good day otherwise. OK, Toon won, but that was at the expense of Southampton, Just hope Man C and Spurs do the business tomorrow.

One more game taken off the remaining fixtures and still with the 7 point gap.

Which is the only thing that really matters. Talk of 40 points needed for survival is looking less and less likely. 36/7 nearer the truth.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
We were lucky today that results went our way. I reckon Huddersfield and up will be OK now. With West Ham and Southampton in free fall it’s for the bottom five to fight it out.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Chelsea should be about 5 goals up but have let the scum back into it. Why are teams never this wasteful against us?

Chelsea could have beaten us by many at their place. Missed so many sitters.

So there is one example. And soton missed many at home to us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
With Man U winning earlier it will keep City on their toes. A good spanking of Stoke would be nice.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Massive relegation decider:
31st March, West Ham vs Southampton

Palace have a good run in, I think they'll be fine.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The situation now is that the teams at the bottom have to win 3 more games than us due to our GD and a 7 point lead. Do any of them still have to play each other? Excluding us of course as we know those fixtures.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So am I right that only Newcastle won of those involved in the scrap? Not actually that bad a weekend for us assuming Stoke lose tomo!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here