Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Injuries

  1. #1

    Injuries


    5 Not allowed!
    Have we just been incredibly fortunate with injuries this season, or is it down to other factors such as training routines, fitness levels and the medical team? Take a look at some of the relegation rivals and they often have half their squad out injured, or in the case of Palace, most of their squad!. Even Schelotto getting clattered and knocked out cold by a combination of a shoulder charge and forearm smash, is declared fit for today! We've been very lucky that all our key players have come thru the season relatively unscathed. The medical staff seem to be doing an amazing job. One group of many unsung hero's this season

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #2
      Members
      Join Date
      Sep 2010
      Location
      Sydney, Australia
      Posts
      522


      0 Not allowed!
      Very lucky. There is a table out there somewhere of wages lost due to injury and we are the best (lowest) by a mile.
    • #3
      How soon is now???
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Past the Leisure Centre, left at the lights
      Posts
      3,420


      0 Not allowed!
      So far this season, we've been very lucky. The only loss being the long since forgotten Izzy Brown.
      Yes Sidwell and Skalak have been out in the long and medium term respectively, but I don't think either would have been close to the match day squads
    • #4
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      537


      2 Not allowed!
      We've been 'lucky' with injuries for a couple of seasons now, so don't think that is solely down to luck. With the huge investment in Lancing there must be a huge investment in the back room side to that as well otherwise what was the point. Seems the club are taking seriously the whole fitness and education side of the playing staff and that is reaping benefits in the first team.
    • #5
      Objective but passionate
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      2,046


      11 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuggles View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have we just been incredibly fortunate with injuries this season, or is it down to other factors such as training routines, fitness levels and the medical team? Take a look at some of the relegation rivals and they often have half their squad out injured, or in the case of Palace, most of their squad!. Even Schelotto getting clattered and knocked out cold by a combination of a shoulder charge and forearm smash, is declared fit for today! We've been very lucky that all our key players have come thru the season relatively unscathed. The medical staff seem to be doing an amazing job. One group of many unsung hero's this season

      Oh, ****ing WELL done.

      Stand or Fall
    • #6
      Not seen such Bravery! Blue Valkyrie's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2012
      Location
      Valhalla
      Posts
      21,505


      2 Not allowed!
      After 4 injuries in the playoff semi final , it is all evening out.
      Out of contract June 2019 : Bruno, Bong, Kayal, Murray
    • #7
      Grey bearded old man Cadiz Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Between Bexhill and Trujillo, Extremadura, Spain
      Posts
      5,248


      8 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      After 4 injuries in the playoff semi final , it is all evening out.
      Where are we going on this evening out?
      If history teaches us anything, it is that history teaches us nothing
    • #8
      Y.P.J spence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Non EU
      Posts
      6,876


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Blue Valkyrie View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      After 4 injuries in the playoff semi final , it is all evening out.
      What is the dress code for this evening out ?
      KobanÓ liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL
    • #9
      Members Not Andy Naylor's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2007
      Location
      Seven Dials
      Posts
      5,765


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by scooter1 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So far this season, we've been very lucky. The only loss being the long since forgotten Izzy Brown.
      Yes Sidwell and Skalak have been out in the long and medium term respectively, but I don't think either would have been close to the match day squads
      I disagree. I think we missed Sidwell’s PL experience and know-how badly in the first half of the season and especially during the Christmas period, when I think he would have been involved if available.
    • #10
      Y.P.J spence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Non EU
      Posts
      6,876


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by scooter1 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So far this season, we've been very lucky. The only loss being the long since forgotten Izzy Brown.
      Yes Sidwell and Skalak have been out in the long and medium term respectively, but I don't think either would have been close to the match day squads
      Kayal had a broken leg. Baldock missed months.
      KobanÓ liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •