Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Calling [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION]

(Not sure why my tagging fails, can someone wake up Thunderbolt please..!)
(maybe its worked this time..)

I was awake but up at Goodison.
[MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] where was he not good enough for the Prem? Certainly not at Leicester, where he was offered a 4 year extension to his contract, which he turned down.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Can anyone who went give their 10 line summary of the game please. Was it as bad as WBA because stats seem to imply a reasonably balanced game though Everton had more of the possession.

My thoughts on the game.
I said a couple of days ago, Everton have a good home record, Allardyce knows how to play us, and beat us.

We weren't as bad as all the moaners said we were, although individuals did make mistakes, but they're human. We desperately missed Stephens today. He breaks up play, which wasn't happening today.

The problem is that a lot of fans got carried away with our good February & beating Arsenal, so their expectations were raised. This is the Premier League and we were never going to win three games in a row.

I also apologise because we've lost every away game I've been to this season, so I will ban myself for the rest of the away games.

Maybe I will still go to the Etihad because we'll lose there anyway.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Bit of red mist immediately after being hit in the face (not deliberately). Stupid but it happens, especially to the more emotionally volatile.

That happened right in front of me. The ball hit him directly on his nose. It must have been very painful.
Yes, he tackled with studs up which is a red card, but he didn't make any contact with the player, knocking the ball out for a throw cleanly.
I know it's a red card, because he wasn't in control, but understandable.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
from my front row seat on the couch i deduced that we were way below the level of previous games ....greyhound , bong , knocky & proper being the worst.......the performance was pretty poor but these 4 were the worst of the bunch , all guilty of giving the ball away time after time and the go was icing on the pooh cake for bong and proper guilty of schoolboy esque ball watching for the 2nd................the team can maybe absorb one gash performance from a player but not 4 away to what is at the end of the day a nailed on top 10 team .......bad day at the office .

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That happened right in front of me. The ball hit him directly on his nose. It must have been very painful.
Yes, he tackled with studs up which is a red card, but he didn't make any contact with the player, knocking the ball out for a throw cleanly.
I know it's a red card, because he wasn't in control, but understandable.
What happened to the Knocky thread, did it get too colourful?

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Having seen it on MOTD I did enjoy the moment when the Greyhound was dilly-dallying with the ball in our area only for Duffy to smack it out of play with terminal velocity as if to say "That's what you ******* do with it!", before having words with him for good measure. :lolol:

I've no idea. I didn't read it.

Glad it’s gone - there’s one thing being frustrated at a bad result and quite another that pile of crap

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sadly a typical Albion awayday. Was it is bad as WBA, no it wasn’t, Everton whilst trash away are good at home and they got into us from the off. Everton were the better side all game, no complaints about he result. Whilst I think we are now acclimatising to the Premier League at home, we have still yet to figure out how to play away, that will come with time. We should get another shot at it next season. As for Knockaert he should have been hooked for a poor performance long before the red mist descended, I doubt he’ll start another game this season, he needs to get himself together.

All in all I’ve had worse days, 10 years ago I was nursing a humongous hangover in Carlisle watching us lose 2-0 in truly terrible game. On to the next one.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Sadly a typical Albion awayday. Was it is bad as WBA, no it wasn’t, Everton whilst trash away are good at home and they got into us from the off. Everton were the better side all game, no complaints about he result. Whilst I think we are now acclimatising to the Premier League at home, we have still yet to figure out how to play away, that will come with time. We should get another shot at it next season. As for Knockaert he should have been hooked for a poor performance long before the red mist descended, I doubt he’ll start another game this season, he needs to get himself together.

All in all I’ve had worse days, 10 years ago I was nursing a humongous hangover in Carlisle watching us lose 2-0 in truly terrible game. On to the next one.

Thanks for that assessment and you are definitely right about Everton being good at home and of course their crowd will have helped. We are still a work in progress but we are getting there. Onto our next win in the FA Cup. :thumbsup:

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Having seen it on MOTD I did enjoy the moment when the Greyhound was dilly-dallying with the ball in our area only for Duffy to smack it out of play with terminal velocity as if to say "That's what you ******* do with it!", before having words with him for good measure. :lolol:

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
If we stay up obviously it is down to our home form. That's quite often the case for new teams in the Premier league, so for me our away form hasn't been a cause for concern this season. However next season improving away form Im pretty certain would be one of Hughton's main aims

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Thought we were awful, a game that we should be capable of getting at least a point from, with the big teams to play these are the games you need to scrap and fight we should nothing of worth at all which is very disappointing.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I was awake but up at Goodison.

[MENTION=33253]JC Footy Genius[/MENTION] where was he not good enough for the Prem? Certainly not at Leicester, where he was offered a 4 year extension to his contract, which he turned down.

Plenty of young players get offered contracts but don't make the grade also longer contract = bigger sell on asking price. The reason he turned it down was lack of game time. Their manager obviously didn't think he was good enough for a regular place and no other Prem club were willing to take a free transfer player and offer him regular first team football which suggests they didn't think he was good enough either.

Overall he is a fantastic Championship player but struggles at this level against better opposition which is understandable.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Two things I take from the game are: 1. Ryans save could be crucial if GD comes into play, and 2. Knocky's brain fart has made it abundantly clear he has to grow up a bit. Just a bit, that little bit that stops one of our most gifted players becoming a liability. He must see it now, from the perspective of leaving us with no chance of getting back into that game and also from the bigger perspective of our run-in and the players we need to be available. Serious one to one with CH may be enough. I hope.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You’d be right. Nothing at all from home end until 2-0. Even then piss poor. We weren’t much better though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not where we were. Non-stop singing. Admittedly a long rendition of that awful 2 nil down, who gives a fugg but pretty much 90 minutes of support.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here