Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
When all is said and done*, we would have been happy with 2 points from Everton and Arsenal - we got 3 and other teams have made little ground on us.

*No ABBA based replies please.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
After not doing it for Leicester last time out
Leicester is a complete irrelevance. He didn't get much game time for them, and was competing for a place against Mahrez.
his strop last game which CH generously covered for
He was upset about being subbed, he didn't take it out on his teammates and he was over it within a few minutes. That strop was as irrelevant as his time at Leicester.
followed by his petulant antics today
He made a poor tackle and got sent off. Hardly the first footballer to do that.

You're over-reacting and being as petulant as Knocky.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Absolutely this. How far have we come when we feel crap about not getting a result at Goodison? Onwards and upwards. :albion2:
I feel crap because we can do far far better than this performance showed. We let them dominate us for pretty much all of the game as we did at Huddersfield and WBA. Is this really our pre planned away tactic.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
points deduction ? ???

Looks like it was just individuals on the pitch..(My mate overstating it)
I doubt the FA would have the balls to give them a points deduction for that.
Particularly as they have 5 more home games to come.
If they were effectively down, it wouldn't be a deterrent to not do it again.

I suspect a slap on the wrist and threat of points deduction if it happens again

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I feel crap because we can do far far better than this performance showed. We let them dominate us for pretty much all of the game as we did at Huddersfield and WBA. Is this really our pre planned away tactic.

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Of course we feel crap when we lose with a poor performance. That's part of being a football supporter, we turn up game after game hoping for the best from our team but it will not always happen. One week beating Arsenal at home and deserving it, the next getting beaten away to Everton and also deserving it. That's football, not truly knowing what's going to happen.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Hey ho... We can't expect to be brilliant every week at this level! we're a mid table team at best, and by definition folks we are a win, lose, draw kind of team... Get over it.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Top bombing Kosh and it also keeps us and our players under the radar. We need to lose a game every now and then or this team will get asset stripped in the summer. Today really was a lose-win situation.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The only really disappointing thing is Knocky being unavailable for the next 3.
He will regret this.
I wouldn't expect Chris to put him back in after the 3 game ban.
AK has let himself down and will have to pay his dues before he gets another shot.

Shame because he had started to turn the corner.

I suspect March will have to absolutely stink the place out to lose the shirt now.
Solly is a much better player than a lot of people give him credit for.
A guaranteed 3 game run is just what he needs to get himself back into contention.

Alternatively I suppose Locadia could start instead. Possibly even worse news for AK.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Only watched on a stream but I thought Gross looked great when he dropped back into midfield. Best passer we have and always looking to get on the ball and pass it forward.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Leicester is a complete irrelevance. He didn't get much game time for them, and was competing for a place against Mahrez.
He was upset about being subbed, he didn't take it out on his teammates and he was over it within a few minutes. That strop was as irrelevant as his time at Leicester.
He made a poor tackle and got sent off. Hardly the first footballer to do that.

You're over-reacting and being as petulant as Knocky.

How is assessing his past performances in the Prem irrelevant to judging his overall Prem suitability? He wasn't deemed good enough for the Prem last time, game time is irrelevant. Another Prem team would have snapped him up if he was unlucky not to get a first team place due to a better player but still good enough.

He wears his heart on his sleeve which can be endearing but his strop last game was disrespectful to the manager. CH coverd for him his actions today finished any chance of a come back. He has had a very average season overall and I expect we will strengthen in the summer. I think it highly unlikely he will be wearing BHA colours next season.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Only watched on a stream but I thought Gross looked great when he dropped back into midfield. Best passer we have and always looking to get on the ball and pass it forward.

Do you mean during the last part of the game where Everton sat back and conserved energy?

Central midfield was absent today.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Never at the races today, oh well a week today........

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
A great player, he has found it difficult with the amount of defending he has had to do this season in comparison to last. Next season he should push on and be a useful part of the side

OK ! But he is probably just out of his depth based upon this season's performances (thus far).
I appreciate that he is a typical Gallic (hugely emotional) sort of individual but we surely don't need players who are kicking up the traces at being subbed OR who have the capacity to commit stupid/reckless fouls which result in a red and the Albion playing out whatever period in a match with only ten players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here