Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Statesman article on Chris Hughton

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great article (another one) about the amazing job CH has done. Although I'm not sure I like all this talk of interviews for other jobs.

Hold firm, Tony...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I think we are fortunate. His stock has risen to the point that an average top flight job would be no better than this.

That is testimony. Forgive me, I've had a few shandys, but that article makes me realise how fortunate we are.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Whilst it is nice to see Chris getting deserved compliments, the article is annoying to me. Mostly I want to say, hands off, he is our Manager, stop pushing him as Tottenhams next.
But also, the comment from Troy Townsend about Ince, he is certainly not the first or last Manager to be sacked quite early on, to suggest that it might be due to his colour is a slight on the club that gave him the opportunity in the first place.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Typical New Statesman and why i never read that shit. It couldn't wait to get onto the subject of the lack of black and ethnic managers.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Typical New Statesman and why i never read that shit. It couldn't wait to get onto the subject of the lack of black and ethnic managers.

The strap line was the giveaway that the article was about a recent speech he gave. At least you didn't have to waste too much of your time reading Chris's views.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Er....... I think that is what the article is about.....

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Er....... I think that is what the article is about.....

Exactly my point. Shame it couldn't just talk about Hughton and his success as a player and manager. Should have known skin colour will be the driving force of the article.It's why i never read that left wing crap.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Exactly my point. Shame it couldn't just talk about Hughton and his success as a player and manager. Should have known skin colour will be the driving force of the article.It's why i never read that left wing crap.

You don't need a shovel to dig your hole. Slowly read the article again........

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
From the intended political perspective it's fine, but as a football article it's absolute toilet. All it does is bang on about Chris getting the Spurs job.

I guess there are obvious reasons why New Statesmen doesn't do good football articles.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Nice to hear you hold the opinion's of CH in such high regard.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Chris is a fantastic manager and I am very pleased he is under the radar. I agree with the article though that he needs to get more recognition - last week's result against Arsenal for instance where there were acres of column inches and headlines about Arsene Wenger and very little about Chris is a case in point.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

What exactly is wrong with his skin colour being the 'driving force' behind an article taken from a meeting in which the lack of opportunities for those of black and mixed-raced ethnicity is debated? Does it offend you that those who are being discriminated against, be it intentional or unintentional, are standing up and demanding equal opportunities?

Chris uses his position as manager of our club to draw focus to this subject. We should be proud of him and our club, not belittling the medium in which his message is getting out there.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

There are currently just four black managers across the top four divisions – the 58-year-old has stood out as the main torch-bearer for the cause. Southend’s Chris Powell, Carlisle’s Keith Curle, and Northampton Town’s Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink are yet to manage in the top-flight

Not that I really care either way, but is the Wolves manager not black?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

The stupidity of some people is astounding. :facepalm:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here