Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by larus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Actually, to be pedantic. CH is not Black. That has as much validity as him going to Ghana and them saying he is white. His dad was black and his mum Caucasian, so he’s mixed race.
    But then again, I may be biased
    Maybe you should let him know.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cheeky Monkey View Post
      I thought that was bollox lazy journalism anyway because he drives back to his London home after training anyway I thought so not sure he would have driven back to Brighton after the meeting in any case.
      Moved his family down to Brighton sometime ago as he mentioned when given the freedom of the city
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”

1 Not allowed!
      Having a mixed race manager just shows the progressive nature of our club. To be honest to the vast majority of our fans his ethnicity is completely irrelevant, he's just Chris, and thank God Tony had the foresight to employ the best candidate for the job. Fans of other clubs must be envious of our set up and our manager, but l can't honestly see he going anywhere even if a top six club came in for him. He's building a dynasty here in Brighton and is loved by the board, players and fans. He just seems to be a sickeningly nice guy as well! It's a great time to be an Albion fan with our chairman, and manager who are assembling a squad that can realistically challenge in the top half of the best league in the world!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by knocky1 View Post
      Maybe you should let him know.
      It’s a statement of fact. Simple as that.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuggles View Post
      Having a mixed race manager just shows the progressive nature of our club. To be honest to the vast majority of our fans his ethnicity is completely irrelevant, he's just Chris, and thank God Tony had the foresight to employ the best candidate for the job. Fans of other clubs must be envious of our set up and our manager, but l can't honestly see he going anywhere even if a top six club came in for him. He's building a dynasty here in Brighton and is loved by the board, players and fans. He just seems to be a sickeningly nice guy as well! It's a great time to be an Albion fan with our chairman, and manager who are assembling a squad that can realistically challenge in the top half of the best league in the world!
      As nice as he is, I’m sure he’s also quite tough. Not in nasty way; just in a ‘I won’t take your shit” type of way.

The dynasty word was supposedly used by his daughter in referring to what he views is happening here. I can’t remember who posted this snippet, but I do feel as though the current environment wining the club is “Carlsberg”

0 Not allowed!
      If Ian Wright is suggesting that CH doesn't get considered for jobs such as Everton manager (after all, why's the article, including his quote?), because he isn't white skinned, I think that's bollocks.

Personally I think CH is a better coach and manager, than Pulis, Hughes and Allardyce. But they have reputations as successful PL managers and for keeping teams up. Whereas CH had an unfair reputation of struggling in the PL. I wouldn't imagine that Kenwright, Moshiri and the rest of the Everton Board are racist in the slightest.

It's just going to be long term evolution, with more black managers and coaches appointed as time passes.

0 Not allowed!
      TBH I never think of CH as a black manager, in the same way I never thought of Sami Hyppia as a blond manager. I am happy to see the BAME candidates given the same opportunity as all but all managers need to deliver and that has nothing to do with ethnicity. There may be an issue with black players not wanting to be managers or not taking their coaching qualifications or they may prefer the media root. I don’t know but the article didn’t really say anything insightful or new.
      Standing in the park, I was wondering why a frisbee looks larger the closer it gets...then it hit me

0 Not allowed!
      Very nice 10 minute slot on Brighton on Football Focus today.Special recognition for Hughton and Gross.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
      Not that I really care either way, but is the Wolves manager not black?
      He's White and Black much like Keith Curle and Chris Hughton.
      Objective but passionate

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jackthelad View Post
      He's White and Black much like Keith Curle and Chris Hughton.
      Yet not listed in the article.
      Stand or Fall