Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

I've done it, i've reversed my diabetes

63 Not allowed!
    Hi all, especially those with type 2 diabetes. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 3 and half years ago. 9 months ago on my annual check up the diabetes nurse suggested I start to take statins. I said no I would look for an alternative, I read a lot and came across an article from Newcastle University which said a group of 11 people under medical supervision did 600 calories a day for 12 weeks using a powder similar to Slimfast meal replacements. 8 of the the people reversed their diabetes.

Later I found a 2nd study using the same meal replacement powders, this time Newcastle University increased the calories to 800, but only over 8 weeks, all subjects reversed their diabetes.

I decided to give it go after talking to my GP and started on 1st January 2018, as you can't really do it over Christmas, I did the powders for 3 days and decided it wasn't for me, so I just ate 800 calories per day (well most days) I've lost 2stone 5lbs.

I had my diabetes test yesterday, and today I had a call from my doctor who was really excited to tell me I had reversed the diabetes.

If anyone wants any info to help them or someone they know I'm here to help.

What a day, no diabetes and Albion 10th

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Congrats, great news
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Fantastic news, it shows what a lifestyle change can do
      Half Hawaiian Half Greek Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Fantastic, well done and congratulations!
      PURA VIDA MAE
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Thats great news. What did you do different to get rid of it?
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Early days yet....I was diagnosed 14 years ago and have slowly put things right with major diet change.... extreme intervention (like Atkins for weight loss) is not sustainable, so don't take it badly if it turns out to no be black and white in the present instance
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GM98 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Hi all, especially those with type 2 diabetes. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 3 and half years ago. 9 months ago on my annual check up the diabetes nurse suggested I start to take statins. I said no I would look for an alternative, I read a lot and came across an article from Newcastle University which said a group of 11 people under medical supervision did 600 calories a day for 12 weeks using a powder similar to Slimfast meal replacements. 8 of the the people reversed their diabetes.

Later I found a 2nd study using the same meal replacement powders, this time Newcastle University increased the calories to 800, but only over 8 weeks, all subjects reversed their diabetes.

I decided to give it go after talking to my GP and started on 1st January 2018, as you can't really do it over Christmas, I did the powders for 3 days and decided it wasn't for me, so I just ate 800 calories per day (well most days) I've lost 2stone 5lbs.

I had my diabetes test yesterday, and today I had a call from my doctor who was really excited to tell me I had reversed the diabetes.

If anyone wants any info to help them or someone they know I'm here to help.

What a day, no diabetes and Albion 10th
      Well done, I have heard that the 5:2 diet can have the same effect, especially if you don't go mad on the 5 days you are not fasting . ....
      I had run 17 miles from Grayshades before the school leopard caught me.....

" Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom "
      Terry Pratchett 1948 – 2015

2 Not allowed!
      If you reverse diabetes you might get setebaid.
      Seriously tho well done.
      now my friends have gone,
      and my hair is grey,
      and I ache in the places that I used to play.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Lucky bugger - I'm still cursed with Type 1 and have been now for 26 finger-pricking & injection stabbing years ....

You mentioned a low calorie diet - specifically for diabetics, it's not calories that are critical, its the carbohydrates.
      So low or no carbs means low or no insulin requirements - which for type 2 diabetics is not a problem - for type 1's this simply doesn't work as the only insulin we get must be injected and if we stop taking any insulin, Keytoacidosis will quickly kill us.

So, I'm very envious ....

0 Not allowed!
      Isn’t this remission?

I have type1 diabetes, and my doctor tells me there’s only one cure.
      All opinions expressed in this post are my own,and are therefore correct.