Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Everton are terrified of us

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The set piece stats are a bit misleading as we were bloody awful at defending them but have improved a lot.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
The set piece stats are a bit misleading as we were bloody awful at defending them but have improved a lot.

Noticed against Arsenal that Duffy no longer has responsibility for marking anyone - stands on the 6 yard line on his own and just attacks the ball.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Who knows what's going on in every player's mind in our squad right now. But the likelihood must be that individuals are thinking: hang on, we've played everyone in the EPL at least once now, we're in 10th place, we know we can play at this level, we know we can stand toe to toe with the big guns on our day, and we've just beaten Arsenal pretty convincingly. Why would we feel trepidation about a trip to Goodison? If we keep playing like we have been playing, we can win.

I'm still going for a draw with my prediction but I certainly don't see us as the underdog here. Two pretty well matched sides, in theory, with the momentum – though not the home advantage – with us.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Who knows what's going on in every player's mind in our squad right now. But the likelihood must be that individuals are thinking: hang on, we've played everyone in the EPL at least once now, we're in 10th place, we know we can play at this level, we know we can stand toe to toe with the big guns on our day, and we've just beaten Arsenal pretty convincingly. Why would we feel trepidation about a trip to Goodison? If we keep playing like we have been playing, we can win.

I'm still going for a draw with my prediction but I certainly don't see us as the underdog here. Two pretty well matched sides, in theory, with the momentum – though not the home advantage – with us.

Their home record is excellent - 6th in the home league table, only 3 points behind Chelsea (we're 7th...)

It's their away record that's put them where they are in the table, 1 win all season and 19th in the table.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The way their fans seem to be behaving I'm not sure home will be such an advantage. If we get an early goal it'll go toxic for them.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Noticed against Arsenal that Duffy no longer has responsibility for marking anyone - stands on the 6 yard line on his own and just attacks the ball.

3½" on Ryan

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Seems most have just watched the Arsenal game and assume we score from Murray headers or from set pieces (our first of the season?).

They ain't seen Jose yet!!! Fancy him to score tomorrow and time for AK to cut in and slam one past the keeper from just inside the box.

And certainly not Jurgen !! Oh hang on we haven't seen much of him either BUT I am personally hugely optimistic !

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's no bigger Albion fan than me, but even I think that he's being a bit hyperbolic when he talks about us like that. :thumbsup:
I assume he was talking about Liverpool or United, but I can't understand why he called them the blues?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I just hope complacency will not be our downfall.
Who's complacent though? I'm not, most people on here aren't, I'm sure the majority of fans not on here aren't. More importantly you can guarantee that Chris Hughton isn't and NONE of the players will be.

We're playing Everton away FFS. "Pushing for top six" Everton. Who spent over £140m on players in the summer.

The point of the thread is that despite all this, their fans are shitting it about playing Brighton. I love this fact. I'd love a point. They should beat us but they're SCARED of us.

It's brilliant.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I've been up in Liverpool for a few days ( first time, great city ) and went on a Beatles tour this afternoon ( ooh, get me ),our tour guide is an Everton fan and described tomorrow's game as "Must win", found that very strange coming from a seasoned Everton fan, who also described big Sam's tatics as boring, although he's nearly got them out of the mire. Anyhow, I wish all of those going to the game to have a great time and cheer on a result for us. My wife booked this trip as a surprise for me ( I love her for it and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time up here ) but her lack of research means that we will travel back to Brighton tomorrow on an early train instead of staying a little longer and visiting Goodison as well. :ffsparr: :albion2:

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
I've been up in Liverpool for a few days ( first time, great city ) and went on a Beatles tour this afternoon ( ooh, get me ),our tour guide is an Everton fan and described tomorrow's game as "Must win", found that very strange coming from a seasoned Everton fan, who also described big Sam's tatics as boring, although he's nearly got them out of the mire. Anyhow, I wish all of those going to the game to have a great time and cheer on a result for us. My wife booked this trip as a surprise for me ( I love her for it and I've thoroughly enjoyed my time up here ) but her lack of research means that we will travel back to Brighton tomorrow on an early train instead of staying a little longer and visiting Goodison as well. :ffsparr: :albion2:

Divorce Her! punish:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
What better way than a humiliating home defeat against the woeful Brighton to bring the curtain down on the embarrassing Allardyce regime?
Woeful? They should be thanking Bruno for providing them the opportunity of salvaging a point down here. And are we not above them? Dickheads.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here