Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] I come in peace!!! Cancer has no colours

Lion 4 Isla

Mar 8, 2018
I met young Isla and her family last night for the first time when I went to collect the West Ham kit from their house.
A very very humbling experience.

Isla’s parents are so strong and Isla was running around like any normal 3 year old just a week after an op to remove a brain tumour with the only visible signs being her face and head are totally bruised from the surgery

An inspiration for all

Lion 4 Isla

Mar 8, 2018
Hey Tony, knuckle dragger or not, get the claret and blue on and share your pictures for us. Its done,

Don’t worry, I will be posting up photos on every forum who have engaged in this.
I will have full kit, crossed hammers and dyed hair of that you can be sure

Lion 4 Isla

Mar 8, 2018
Where do I start!!!

Today’s Brentwood half marathon was cancelled due to the inclement weather and will not be rescheduled.
I took all the donations on the premise that I would do the forfeits I put in place.
So I will honour them all.

So now on Saturday 31st March, I will run a much more dangerous route from Cold Blow Lane to the Olympic Stadium via the New Den and the Boleyn ground wearing full West Ham kit and having claret and blue dyed hair. I will do crosses hammers at the finish where I will meet up with some of Isla’s fundraisers and then take in the West Ham v Southampton game

I’ll be surprised if I don’t get a whack from someone along the route, more so through Millwall territory in Bermondsey!!

I hope this will satisfy all of those who have donated.
Wish me luck, I need it!!

I thank you all once more for your incredible support

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Really good luck with that. Wouldn't it be great if all the fans who wanted to give you a bunch of fives actually did just that.....A bunch of five pound notes just to show cancer has no colours and the football community would not even let the fiercest of rivalries get in the way of helping a young fan.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Where do I start!!!

Today’s Brentwood half marathon was cancelled due to the inclement weather and will not be rescheduled.
I took all the donations on the premise that I would do the forfeits I put in place.

So now on Saturday 31st March, I will run a much more dangerous route from Cold Blow Lane to the Olympic Stadium via the New Den and the Boleyn ground wearing full West Ham kit and having claret and blue dyed hair. I will do crosses hammers at the finish where I will meet up with some of Isla’s fundraisers and then take in the West Ham v Southampton game

I’ll be surprised if I don’t get a whack from someone along the route, more so through Millwall territory in Bermondsey!!

bloody hell good luck with that! Should make you run somewhat faster, every cloud and all that!!

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Where do I start!!!

All best wishes to you!

Lion 4 Isla

Mar 8, 2018
Really good luck with that. Wouldn't it be great if all the fans who wanted to give you a bunch of fives actually did just that.....A bunch of five pound notes just to show cancer has no colours and the football community would not even let the fiercest of rivalries get in the way of helping a young fan.

It could be a little bit hairy at times, I think I’ll be in more danger running through Bermondsey in the West Ham kit!!

Lion 4 Isla

Mar 8, 2018
28ugsl.jpg

2u5qkb8.jpg

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Done. Horrendous for all involved. There are no words. Just never give up. Sometimes wonderful things happen when you don't expect them to.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

i know you said you were out of condition but, well, was that kit in the second photo made to measure (pull your shorts up) ? !! I like the R + L on the socks

Good luck, you might need a tin helmet when running through your neck of the woods

Lion 4 Isla

Mar 8, 2018
Two more days until I run into the valley of death!

Look out for the Goals pull out in The Sun this weekend, it’s possible there will be a bit in there about Isla, the run and the coming together of football fans to raise this money

2iuufpc.jpg

Lion 4 Isla

Mar 8, 2018
Well it’s all done and dusted, I did it!!!
Had a great day, met and drank with some proper old school West Ham. Got drunk as you like and had a good laugh with them.
But most importantly as a group, I and all the supporters on the forums I’ve connected with have raised over £21,000 for the beautiful young Isla.
I want to thank the Brighton fans on North Stand Chat for all your donations and support. You have been incredible and should be proud of yourselves. A proper club with proper fans.

Thank you again and if you want to donate again the link is

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tony-munday3

I’ll just post some photos up of the day and once more say thank you

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Congratulations to all concerned. Lovely pics, everyone should be proud of what you have achieved for a worthy cause. Another winner is football fans who can come together to help others. Well done, you are a true lion with a big heart!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Well it’s all done and dusted, I did it!!!
Had a great day, met and drank with some proper old school West Ham. Got drunk as you like and had a good laugh with them.
But most importantly as a group, I and all the supporters on the forums I’ve connected with have raised over £21,000 for the beautiful young Isla.
I want to thank the Brighton fans on North Stand Chat for all your donations and support. You have been incredible and should be proud of yourselves. A proper club with proper fans.

Thank you again and if you want to donate again the link is

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/tony-munday3

I’ll just post some photos up of the day and once more say thank you

Well done mate! [emoji106]

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here