Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Man United?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
With relegation very very unlikely now, do you think CH will pick a full strength team for the FA Cup Qtr final?

Or would that be a huge kick in the teeth for the players who have got the club this far in the tournament?

Maybe a mixture?

Something like:

Krul
Bruno
Goldson
Uwe
Suttner
Knocky
Kayal
Stephens
March
Gross
Locadia

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Relegation or not, there is no excuse for not putting out a full strength team as there is a week off pre game and two weeks off after the game.

A1X

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think we may see a few changes, but not many. I would consider the following in order of likelihood;

If Murray is booked against Everton then he won't play to avoid potential disciplinary issues later, Locadia in
March for AK / Jose
Kayal for Davy
Locadia for Gross (Ulloa for Murray if 1)
Goldson for Duffy
Suttner for Bong

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Relegation or not, there is no excuse for not putting out a full strength team as there is a week off pre game and two weeks off after the game.

Propper & Izquierdo may well be playing a couple of games for their countries in that period, I'd give them the Saturday off

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The team that played against Cov was pretty strong. I think most of those will be given a chance:

Krul
Bruno
Goldson
Huenemeier
Suttner
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March
Ulloa
Locadia

Subs:

Dunk
Baldock
Hemed
Maenpaa
Izquierdo
Rosenior
Propper

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The team that played against Cov was pretty strong. I think most of those will be given a chance:

Krul
Bruno
Goldson
Huenemeier
Suttner
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March
Ulloa
Locadia

Subs:

Dunk
Baldock
Hemed
Maenpaa
Izquierdo
Rosenior
Propper

I'd go with that.

Although would be tempted to play Duffy or Dunk with Lukaku such a threat in the air.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd go with that.

Although would be tempted to play Duffy or Dunk with Lukaku such a threat in the air.

Yep. Some positions look very strong already. The choices are below. Only Stephens has no challenge.

Krul / Ryan
Bruno / Schelotto
Goldson / Duffy
Huenemeier / Dunk
Suttner / Bong
Knockaert / March (if Izquierdo plays)
Stephens
Kayal / Propper
March / Izquierdo
Ulloa / Murray
Locadia / Gross

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
With relegation very very unlikely now, do you think CH will pick a full strength team for the FA Cup Qtr final?

Or would that be a huge kick in the teeth for the players who have got the club this far in the tournament?

Maybe a mixture?

Something like:

Krul
Bruno
Goldson
Uwe
Suttner
Knocky
Kayal
Stephens
March
Gross
Locadia

I'm out

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Lovely problem for CH to have. Using some our regular bench players doesn't feel remotely like 'second string' at all now - with Locadia and Ulloa we'd have a £20m+ strike pairing. I'd like Jose to play though as he's looking hugely dangerous now, particularly if he's not involved for Colombia. A completely replaced back four wouldn't be a problem (Dunk could play though as v unlikely to be called up so will get a rest anyway the following week), Stephens and Kayal in the centre.

Not exactly bare bones, is it 'Arry. :albion2:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We still haven't had the expected "Win against Everton or Win against Man Utd" poll yet, and also we still need 3-4 points to ensure safety.

The team selection will be influenced by the Saturday result.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Maybe a mixture?

Something like:

Krul
Bruno
Goldson
Uwe
Suttner
Knocky
Kayal
Stephens
March
Gross
Locadia

With the exception of Ulloa for Gross, this would be my startting eleven too.

There are players here who I think Chris Hughton will be keen to keep happy, not least Leo Ulloa who has barely played for us since joing on loan from Leicester, and Jurgen Locadia our record signing from PSV. Both need more minutes on the pitch, and this competition gives them the chance to do that.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We still haven't had the expected "Win against Everton or Win against Man Utd" poll yet, and also we still need 3-4 points to ensure safety.

The team selection will be influenced by the Saturday result.

Yep. What a lovely decision to have to make, IF we get a result at Everton.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
34 points and 9 games left with 37 points and a good goal difference being enough in many seasons to be safe.Plus I believe we don't play a league game for 2 weeks after Man U.Play a full side without a doubt.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
34 points and 9 games left with 37 points and a good goal difference being enough in many seasons to be safe.Plus I believe we don't play a league game for 2 weeks after Man U.Play a full side without a doubt.

What is your 'full strength' team .. does it include Locadia, or does Murray keep the shirt ?

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

If we end up on 37 points that means losing either 6 or 8 games out of the next 9. The GD wouldn't be so good then !

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Propper & Izquierdo may well be playing a couple of games for their countries in that period, I'd give them the Saturday off
I am happy with starting Ulloa and Locadia , the rest should be full strength and that includes Proper and Izquierdo. Although they may play for their countries it will be a maximum of two games over two weeks. I am sure they can cope with that.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
If we end up on 37 points that means losing either 6 or 8 games out of the next 9. The GD wouldn't be so good then !

But it still might be enough.Point is we have 9 games to get,let's say 4/5 points which should save us and then a two week break.

KnowMe-Joe

Aug 21, 2017
Same formation as league formation

GK.Krul, RB.Bruno, CB.Hunemier, CB.Goldson, LB.Suttner
CM.Kayal, CM.Propper, CAM.Gross, RW.Knockaert, ST.Ulloa, LW.Locadia

Bench: March, Maeppa,Bong, Dunk, Murray, Stephens,Izquierdo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills