Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Members

England call ups

3 Not allowed!
    Earlier this week it was Murray being mentioned in the media with regards to a first England call up, today both Dunk and Stephens are being linked by the city AM. The article mentions the form of other England centre backs has dropped (Cahill/Stones/Gomez)and that Dunk has one of the highest number of inceptions in the PL and Stephens would be a good CM as back up who rarely gives the ball away! Also mentions Brighton’s defense being the 2nd best outside of the top six behind Burnley. Looks like the club and it’s English players are finally getting some well deserved recognition!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

2 Not allowed!
      Fingers crossed for Dunk, I’ve got a few quid at 25/1 for a World Cup call up.

The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....

0 Not allowed!
      rightly they / we should be recognised. Before the start of the season there seemed very few who predicted much more than humiliation coming our way.

i still honestly feel that despite players proving their worth as far as Southgate is concerned he won't even consider our players. There i've said it now, que Murray, Dunk and Dale all getting the nod. I'd like nothing more than being proved 100% wrong.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by A mex eyecan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      rightly they / we should be recognised. Before the start of the season there seemed very few who predicted much more than humiliation coming our way.

i still honestly feel that despite players proving their worth as far as Southgate is concerned he won't even consider our players. There i've said it now, que Murray, Dunk and Dale all getting the nod. I'd like nothing more than being proved 100% wrong.
      I agree. He'll go for people who've come through the youth teams first.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      I agree. He'll go for people who've come through the youth teams first.
      Didn't Dunk get an U23 call up ONCE?
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      I was away for the Stoke away game, and watched on a stream. Co-commentator was Tony Gale who spent the entire 90 minutes gushing over Stephens saying he should be starting for England. One of his reasons: we need a player who always looks for the forward pass. That might upset a few on here....
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I truly believe DS is probably the best Englishman in his position in the world at the moment. Weather that'll be recognised by the international team or not is a different question. Carrick, one of the finest midfielders we've seen in the last generation, was essentially a reject - a victim of the Lampard and Gerrard strong hold.

These days Dale will have a similar situation with Henderson, Wilshire, Dier, Alli (to name a few) and our current obsession with inside forwards , players too shit to be a striker but can't cross well enough to be called a winger.

His best bet will be replacing Livermore and getting a few minutes in a friendly. Even that would be incredible.
      Last edited by GloryDays; 09-03-2018 at 10:41. Reason: Grammar
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GooGull View Post
      Think he was in the U21s a couple of times, but never played. Around same time as March was
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Picking Dale Stephens as a CM who doesn't give the ball away?

Hmm.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GooGull View Post
      About that, yes! I'm not sure he played though. JFC before Stephens, if Southgate runs short of CMs?