Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] This is YOUR council tax being spent on this......

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm inclined to agree. It's not a media savvy approach, not least if you're worrying about the fascist daily mail's interpretation, but it's an issue that needs attention and your outraged post has done just that. On behalf of the trans community, we thank you.

Apologies but I don't understand the last part of your reply.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ad the answer is no. WTF does that mean ? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I have no idea. The previous post isn't attached. I have moved on. :lolol:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You can buy about 500 printed badges for less than £100.

I shan't be writing in to complain.

Is it a folly ? Well, I know Emma well, she's my local councillor. A very good one too (and not the party I vote for). So I'm not bothered.

Although it would be better spend on the NHS budget for those in Argus comments who have higher blood pressure. A&E better be ready for when it reaches the Daily Hate.....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Not my council tax, so I can't complain.

But if I did live in Brighton and Hove, it would not worry me unduly. In fact quite the opposite. Hardly costing the earth, and probably particularly important issues in Brighton.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Discuss.......

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-43336081

Not just the cost of the badges but the cost of creating, implementing and maintaining the policy. A good use of YOUR money?

Waits for the 'if it makes someone feel better about themselves' argument. A free yearly holiday would make others feel better, should they get that too?

Happy to oblige...making transpeople feel better about themselves is a arguably a benefit to society on a purely economic level. The rate of suicide amongst trans men and women is much higher than amongst the rest of society. Suicide is a very expensive business to sort out - police, ambulances, coroners etc. Therefore if a campaign like this stops one person from commiting suicide, it has probably paid for itself many times over.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Not my council tax, so I can't complain.

But if I did live in Brighton and Hove, it would not worry me unduly. In fact quite the opposite. Hardly costing the earth, and probably particularly important issues in Brighton.

Oh do stop it. I keep refreshing the thread awaiting the MELTDOWN. I'll go read the The Argus instead.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Not my council either, but sounds like a good scheme.

So, is anyone in the northern hemisphere as upset as the OP?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

I shan't be writing in to complain.

Is it a folly ? Well, I know Emma well, she's my local councillor. A very good one too (and not the party I vote for). So I'm not bothered.

Although it would be better spend on the NHS budget for those in Argus comments who have higher blood pressure. A&E better be ready for when it reaches the Daily Hate.....

Misses the point. It will be spent as well as the nhs budget not instead

UTT

Jun 27, 2017
I hope those badges are recyclable.

If not, whoever is behind the idea should burn in hell.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And when we stop paying 350m a minute to the EU we can all have badges!

Hello, Call Me Herr!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The OP would be better off being angry about the savage cuts forced on the council by this Tory government rather than this trifle. It’s my council tax money and I don’t care.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Whatever the cost, I think it is a complete waste of time and money, let alone whatever cost the research must have been and also for the wages of the employee who decided that it was relevant to do it in the first place and the ones that had to do the legwork.
There really are more important issues and one can't help but shake 'ones' head when reading such 'piffle'.
Not my council anymore I know, but still an absolute waste of resources, however 'small' they are deemed for whatever council.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Do people that move to Australia have to undergo Brucification?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Does it say the council paid for them ?
"The campaign has been created with support and input from local LGBT+ community groups - including the Clare Project and Trans Alliance, the council's LGBT Workers Forum, local NHS trusts, the University of Brighton and Sussex Police." would suggest they haven't.

And if it upsets the gammons, then I'm all for it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
No need to get off. If you jump high enough and for long enough when you come back down the planet would have moved on and you can land in Melbourne.

Probably not going to help though, if one has the mind, there are plenty of things to be outraged about in Melbourne too. Those lefty greens holds seat there and everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here