Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] This is YOUR council tax being spent on this......

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Discuss.......

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-43336081

Not just the cost of the badges but the cost of creating, implementing and maintaining the policy. A good use of YOUR money?

Waits for the 'if it makes someone feel better about themselves' argument. A free yearly holiday would make others feel better, should they get that too?

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I see your location says Melbourne so obviously what Brighton council spends it's money on must be a huge concern to you.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Broflake.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
This is another example of why the government and their agencies need to have a smaller not a larger slice of our countries GDP

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Discuss.......

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sussex-43336081

Not just the cost of the badges but the cost of creating, implementing and maintaining the policy. A good use of YOUR money?

Waits for the 'if it makes someone feel better about themselves' argument. A free yearly holiday would make others feel better, should they get that too?

Somewhere down the line, I'm sure you have a point to make.

But as a seemingly mortally offended snowflake from 12,000 miles away, it's not that obvious as to what it is, especially as you have misrepresented the story in your post.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can you not comment on the news anymore without you trying, and failing, to be oh so fxxking superior?

I think you mean 'Can one not comment.....'

Ad the answer is no. Piffle has to be mocked. It would be wrong to not.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
In order to advance awareness and equality and indeed to evolve, sometimes clunky, unpopular and not very attractive tools are used. I personally don't like these badges but it's about a bigger picture.
And it's not my Council tax, I live elsewhere.

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
In order to advance awareness and equality and indeed to evolve, sometimes clunky, unpopular and not very attractive tools are used. I personally don't like these badges but it's about a bigger picture.
And it's not my Council tax, I live elsewhere.
I'm inclined to agree. It's not a media savvy approach, not least if you're worrying about the fascist daily mail's interpretation, but it's an issue that needs attention and your outraged post has done just that. On behalf of the trans community, we thank you.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here