Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I was posting the last one while you were posting the above. Feel free to edit away. This is a thread I'm happy never to see again to be fair.
    Its a thread that is more than happy to see the back of you seeing your zero contribution to it retard.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      Oh it is Setting aside the fact its not impacting then its attempting speech coding people for a controversial issue. A mental illness that impacts less than 0.01 % of people. Gender should have never usurped Sex as the go to form of reference. And as for not imposing roles on children, where have we heard that sort of thing before?
      I've read this about 10 times now trying to work out what you're saying, but I'm afraid I've failed. Not that I particularly care, the gabbling about not imposing roles on children etc at the end was quite enough to convince me the entire post is complete gobbledygook.
      :falmerspi

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SeagullRic View Post
      I've read this about 10 times now trying to work out what you're saying, but I'm afraid I've failed. Not that I particularly care, the gabbling about not imposing roles on children etc at the end was quite enough to convince me the entire post is complete gobbledygook.
      Last sentence is a bit wild but it reads OK to me, what dont you get?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Last sentence is a bit wild but it reads OK to me, what dont you get?
      Well firstly, you asked 'when do you refer to somebody using their pronoun', which I answered pretty briefly and said it wasn't difficult.

You say its not impacting them- how can you possibly know that? I'm sure this idea was done after consultation with trans/non-binary people, so I think we can safely assume it does have an affect on some people, and is an issue they feel is important.

'Attempting speech coding people for a controversial issue'- in what way?

'A mental illness which affects less than 0.01% of people- no idea what you're going on about here, no context or background provided.

'As for not imposing roles on children etc'- nope, you've completely lost me there. What relevance does this have to anything I said, or indeed to anything said anywhere in the rest of the thread?

0 Not allowed!

You say its not impacting them- how can you possibly know that?
      If I am talking to a third party and they are not present how would they know? The onus would be on you to show how it impacts and that it matters.
      I'm sure this idea was done after consultation with trans/non-binary people, so I think we can safely assume it does have an affect on some people, and is an issue they feel is important.
      How they feel about other people expressing themselves about them does not mean they can have anykind of say on how I should speak without my consultation. In principle if any group wants to go around dictating to others based on "feelings" they need to be shut down not pandered to.

'Attempting speech coding people for a controversial issue'- in what way?
      This is promoting Gender over Sex where most people subordinate gender to sex. Example, if you are straight then being shown a picture of a bearded lumberjack is not going to be attractive, even if said lumberjack declares they identify as female.

Transexuals, regardless if you think they are mentally ill or "Transexual" are not entitled to inflict their wrong way of thinking on others. If a pre-op M to f is obviously Male I do not and would not start referring to then as she. This is adopting the mindset of someone who is mentally "wrong" however you wish to define it.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      If I am talking to a third party and they are not present how would they know? The onus would be on you to show how it impacts and that it matters.

How they feel about other people expressing themselves about them does not mean they can have anykind of say on how I should speak without my consultation. In principle if any group wants to go around dictating to others based on "feelings" they need to be shut down not pandered to.

This is promoting Gender over Sex where most people subordinate gender to sex. Example, if you are straight then being shown a picture of a bearded lumberjack is not going to be attractive, even if said lumberjack declares they identify as female.

Transexuals, regardless if you think they are mentally ill or "Transexual" are not entitled to inflict their wrong way of thinking on others. If a pre-op M to f is obviously Male I do not and would not start referring to then as she. This is adopting the mindset of someone who is mentally "wrong" however you wish to define it.

You're initial post said 'when do you address someone by their pronoun', which is what I then replied to. If they are not present then of course they wouldn't know. I'm saying it might impact them when they are not addressed as they would like to be, and having these badges might be a small way of pointing people in the right direction and making all parties feel more comfortable.

Unless I'm missing something, they're not having any kind of say over how you speak are they? It's a badge, for gods sake, not a threat to lock up anybody who dares to say 'he' or 'she'! I'm not quite sure why you're getting worked up as if this is some sort of free speech issue, which it really isn't.

I'm not going to attempt to reply to this bit to be honest. Calling all transexuals mentally ill and stating as fact its a wrong way of thinking is pretty disgusting in my book, and I'm not going to be drawn into replying to it.

I don't know how to reply to certain bits of a post on here as you can probably tell, hence the slightly confusing italicising, sorry!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Oh great, another thread derailled by Looney's nonsense.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
      Too many Florence Nightingales. Not enough Robin Hoods.

0 Not allowed!
      Wellquickwoody really is socking it to the moaning Brit stereotype the Australians have. Sterling work.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      I've posted on here, several times, that looney is severely dyslexic.
      Which is no excuse for his lack of intelligence and aggressive manner.
      Love Great Britain
      Love the EU
      Love Inclusion and Progression.
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
      Oh great, another thread derailled by Looney's nonsense.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
      To be fair it needed derailing to spice up yet another boring, moaning,pointless thread from look at me Wellthickwoody.
      The man is a fart.
      Well done Looney I say.