Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 58
  1. #31
    Marmite looney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    15,604


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Questions View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can’t stand them. Hope they self destruct as a club.
    You should go on the West Ham board and let them know a lot of Brighton fans think Ash Barnes is a Donkey and couldn't wait to get rid of him, how the hell did he score?

    That'll cheer em up lol.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #32
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      20,045


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by looney View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You should go on the West Ham board and let them know a lot of Brighton fans think Ash Barnes is a Donkey and couldn't wait to get rid of him, how the hell did he score?

      That'll cheer em up lol.
      Well, if West Ham won the World Cup, then Brighton sure as hell gave them one hell of a beating today - Barnes (1), Wood (2), wasn't it?
    • #33
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      15,343


      0 Not allowed!
      Not unexpected, the Hammers are now handing out life bans, with more to follow.

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43498328

      Name:  8BFF9E3C-4383-4A62-95E8-ED6339527F0F.jpeg
Views: 558
Size:  139.5 KB

      Far from ‘Happy Hammers’ these days,
    • #34
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      BN1
      Posts
      11,678

      West Ham fans in turmoil


      1 Not allowed!
      I never really get these bans. What’s the punishment if caught ?

      Are turnstile people trained for every single game for this and also when they play away the opposition turnstile people?

      Also vast majority are automatic turnstiles so how does that work ?

      Not exactly hard for them to get a ticket at west ham considering there’s about 15k empty seats at every game.

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • #35
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      42,414


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by saafend_seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I never really get these bans. What’s the punishment if caught ?

      Are turnstile people trained for every single game for this and also when they play away the opposition turnstile people?

      Also vast majority are automatic turnstiles so how does that work ?

      Not exactly hard for them to get a ticket at west ham considering there’s about 15k empty seats at every game.

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      If they are caught again, perhaps for something else, the ban can be used as evidence in the case against them.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

      .
    • #36

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by saafend_seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I never really get these bans. What’s the punishment if caught ?

      Are turnstile people trained for every single game for this and also when they play away the opposition turnstile people?

      Also vast majority are automatic turnstiles so how does that work ?

      Not exactly hard for them to get a ticket at west ham considering there’s about 15k empty seats at every game.

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      As you say, it is very difficult to enforce a ban without doing a visual ID of every person entering the ground. However, I've read somewhere that the ban is more about stopping that person causing any trouble in future. If they are arrested, when they have already been banned, the penalties are more severe.
    • #37
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!
      Posts
      5,471


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by saafend_seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I never really get these bans. What’s the punishment if caught ?

      Are turnstile people trained for every single game for this and also when they play away the opposition turnstile people?

      Also vast majority are automatic turnstiles so how does that work ?

      Not exactly hard for them to get a ticket at west ham considering there’s about 15k empty seats at every game.

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Well I suppose with countless CCTV cameras around it would be foolish of them to try. If caught, and they're banned, surely it's a case of trespass. If the court have issued a banning order, rather than the club, then surely gaining admission to the ground would be breaking the law?
    • #38
      Members Weststander's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean area
      Posts
      15,343


      2 Not allowed!
      Lifetime bans for pitch encroachment seem harsh.

      In the exciting first Amex season, on two or three occasions lone Albion fans ran on (drunk, probably) mid game, to a mass chorus of w*nker. I thought their bans were for a year or two?
    • #39
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      18,948


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by el punal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Well I suppose with countless CCTV cameras around it would be foolish of them to try. If caught, and they're banned, surely it's a case of trespass. If the court have issued a banning order, rather than the club, then surely gaining admission to the ground would be breaking the law?
      Probably. If it's a banning order as part of a conviction I think they can include need to register at a police station at some point to prevent attendance at the game but if it's just a club order I guess it's down to surveillance, blocking ticket purchase etc (although pretty easy to see how someone could get around this - particularly in a stadium where there are so many empty seats )
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #40
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      20,045


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      They moved out in the first place becuase they could [edit: not expand down one side of the ground due to a road and houses behind it.
      Maybe they should have considered buying up the houses? I remember back in the day thinking how the Albion could have a much bigger stadium if we could have bought up the houses in Goldstone Lane - and no, I've no idea how practical that might have been, or whether it was considered, or whether we could afford it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •