Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Objective but passionate

3 Not allowed!
    Apart from being upset that it is no longer 1974, what is the crux of this 'protest'? They don't like the new badge and the coffee / toilet queues are too slow? Is that it, or have they left something out?
    Stand or Fall

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ecosse Exile View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That's the end of that then, shame.
      They moved out in the first place becuase they could expand down one side of the ground due to a road and houses behind it.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      They moved out in the first place becuase they could expand down one side of the ground due to a road and houses behind it.
      Similar problems for lots of clubs with grounds in densely populated areas.

I feel for West Ham, they are a big club with a good supporter base and given the right backing could challenge at the right end of the league, but I can't help feeling that the London Stadium is a noose round their neck that will tighten year on year unless they are doing well.

As with every club, support drops during difficult periods but that place seems like it's draining the life out of the club, unless they are playing Spurs there is little or no atmosphere. If they drop to the Championship the place will be half empty.
      In the quiet words of the Virgin Mary... come again?
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      I agree with the comments others have made about the soul being ripped out of the club.

I thought at the time of them protesting at the Amex last month that I had no idea what success would look like for them - and I don't think they know either.
      52 North
      Glory hunting since 1969 lawros left foot's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I know several West Ham fans, who all, without exception hate the London Stadium.
      They all, to a man, didnt want the club to leave Upton Park.

However, only two of them have ever been to the new ground, and one of them had never been to Upton Park either.
      It is a souless pit of a ground though, I really didn't like it when we played them last year.
      You be glad you be Sussex born!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ecosse Exile View Post
      Similar problems for lots of clubs with grounds in densely populated areas.

I feel for West Ham, they are a big club with a good supporter base and given the right backing could challenge at the right end of the league, but I can't help feeling that the London Stadium is a noose round their neck that will tighten year on year unless they are doing well.

As with every club, support drops during difficult periods but that place seems like it's draining the life out of the club, unless they are playing Spurs there is little or no atmosphere. If they drop to the Championship the place will be half empty.
      mmmmmmmmm

regards
      DR

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by A1X View Post
      Hang on...are they demanding the half time interval be extended? Surely that's a bit of an ask.
      Relegation will help thin out the cues for them.
      Members
      Bitterne,Southampton. In the land of wrong stripes and boo-boys!

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SweatyMexican View Post
      I never agreed with their move, it rips the soul out of their football club.

But Is their 5 point plan the worst of their problems? We’ve seen far worse.
      I would be interested to hear West Ham fans' comments, having moved to the London/Olympic stadium, if they were challenging for a Champions League place. I have a feeling it would be a totally different view.

5 Not allowed!
      I can’t stand them. Hope they self destruct as a club.
      So, many, many thanks and see you soon, because it’s not a goodbye, I know I will come back, I have to.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Questions View Post
      I can’t stand them. Hope they self destruct as a club.
      I've just read the Guardian version of the feud and it all reminds me of the Hillys and the Billys from the Beezer. They certainly seem on the verge of self annialation. Cruel but fair.
      "Just remember, what you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening." - President Donald Trump:
      mad: