Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham fans in turmoil

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ings-hooligans-icf-action-group-a8244951.html

Why are West Ham’s board holding meetings with self-professed hooligans?

Hooligans from the notorious Inter City Firm have sat down with vice-chairman Karren Brady in recent weeks, and have since threatened other fans planning on marching against the board

The Real WHF group – at that point called the Real West Ham Fans Action group – then began holding meetings through December, and came up with a five-point plan. It is the first time a march is mentioned, but does not raise the concerns around the stadium or running of the club. Taken from the group’s own posts, it reads:

“1 [club] Must take up full away ticket allocation

2 : Memorial [garden] to be maintained regularly

3: The Hammer and Castle badge to be reconised [sic] with immediate effect on match programme and in future in the stadium

4 : The owners to be more proffesional [sic] on social media ie remove the sullivan [sic] kids from speaking on the clubs behalf :

5 The 15 minute interval must be addressed its impossible to get to the toilets get a drink and be back for the restart a for the second half .

They club have 7 days to respond if they fail to deliver a full demo / march will take place .”

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ings-hooligans-icf-action-group-a8244951.html

Why are West Ham’s board holding meetings with self-professed hooligans?

Hooligans from the notorious Inter City Firm have sat down with vice-chairman Karren Brady in recent weeks, and have since threatened other fans planning on marching against the board

The Real WHF group – at that point called the Real West Ham Fans Action group – then began holding meetings through December, and came up with a five-point plan. It is the first time a march is mentioned, but does not raise the concerns around the stadium or running of the club. Taken from the group’s own posts, it reads:

“1 [club] Must take up full away ticket allocation

2 : Memorial [garden] to be maintained regularly

3: The Hammer and Castle badge to be reconised [sic] with immediate effect on match programme and in future in the stadium

4 : The owners to be more proffesional [sic] on social media ie remove the sullivan [sic] kids from speaking on the clubs behalf :

5 The 15 minute interval must be addressed its impossible to get to the toilets get a drink and be back for the restart a for the second half .

They club have 7 days to respond if they fail to deliver a full demo / march will take place .”

But getting relegated will be ok?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The Inter City Firm must be drawing their pensions by now. That was 40 years ago.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ignorance, Was reading about it this evening. Fifty year old former hoolies sending threatening messages on Facebook. You couldn't make it up. Tin pot club. Tin pot 'fans'. Evolution will pass them by pretty soon.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hang on...are they demanding the half time interval be extended? Surely that's a bit of an ask.

I sympathise with a number of issues they make but they are simply trying to turn back progress.

Premier League football is not like it used to be. You can do it good like us. Sadly West Ham don’t seem to have done it so well

If they want the experience they claim to be missing then Dagenham and Redbridge are in a financial state and would appreciate a few extra at their games, as I am sure would Orient.

Jan 30, 2008
I sympathise with a number of issues they make but they are simply trying to turn back progress.

Premier League football is not like it used to be. You can do it good like us. Sadly West Ham don’t seem to have done it so well

If they want the experience they claim to be missing then Dagenham and Redbridge are in a financial state and would appreciate a few extra at their games, as I am sure would Orient.
that's not the point though is it.
regards
DR

that's not the point though is it.
regards
DR

Considering I usually disagree with 100% of what you write, I’m in the same corner as you regarding their plight. What I maybe didn’t word too well, is that it seems all the issues raised in their article would be instantly solved if they were still playing at their old ground.

There is some irony here, as it’s clear the Olympic stadium isn’t cut out for football, yet it’s West Ham themselves that have got such a ridiculously good deal on it - so good in fact, I doubt any chairman, even our TB in a similar situation would turn down.

At the same time, the like of Orient were not given a look in, even though it’s in their own back yard.

The issue is that these actions have affected good supporters. But they are not propiosing anything different.

The chap harps on about the smell of burgers cooking and the fact they are more expensive and the fact he can’t hear the bubble song or get off the tube at Upton Park.

Did I miss anything else meaningful?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's somewhat hard to reconcile the fact that in the 1960's and 70's West Ham were recognised as playing really skillful and silky passing football, with palyers such as Trevor Brooking, Martin Peters and Geoff Hurst in their ranks.

It seems totally at odds with the sort of people that run and support the club somehow. The long ball game seems far more appropriate for them.

Jan 30, 2008
Considering I usually disagree with 100% of what you write, I’m in the same corner as you regarding their plight. What I maybe didn’t word too well, is that it seems all the issues raised in their article would be instantly solved if they were still playing at their old ground.

There is some irony here, as it’s clear the Olympic stadium isn’t cut out for football, yet it’s West Ham themselves that have got such a ridiculously good deal on it - so good in fact, I doubt any chairman, even our TB in a similar situation would turn down.

At the same time, the like of Orient were not given a look in, even though it’s in their own back yard.

The issue is that these actions have affected good supporters. But they are not propiosing anything different.

The chap harps on about the smell of burgers cooking and the fact they are more expensive and the fact he can’t hear the bubble song or get off the tube at Upton Park.

Did I miss anything else meaningful?
Looking in from the outside it's easy to dismiss them but i'm sure there's a lot of Honest West ham fans and not all ICF who feel the same way about THEIR club, as i said it will be interesting to see how this progresses
regards
DR

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
What happened to the Boleyn ground? Is it now a retail park or something, I know financially it wouldn't make sense but if it was possible to rebuild it but better like Spurs are doing with White Hart Lane then surely that would be in the best interests of all concerned.

As I said, not financially, because they would be giving up their freebie, but the heart seems to have been ripped out of that club, moving to the London Stadium will be a disaster for them if they lose their premier league status

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
What happened to the Boleyn ground? Is it now a retail park or something, I know financially it wouldn't make sense but if it was possible to rebuild it but better like Spurs are doing with White Hart Lane then surely that would be in the best interests of all concerned.

As I said, not financially, because they would be giving up their freebie, but the heart seems to have been ripped out of that club, moving to the London Stadium will be a disaster for them if they lose their premier league status

Blocks of flats.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I never agreed with their move, it rips the soul out of their football club.

But Is their 5 point plan the worst of their problems? We’ve seen far worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here