Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Van Morrison.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I saw him about 15 years ago in Portsmouth and he was simply superb. I know he's temperamental, but we hit a very good night. He had Georgie Fame on organ (and musical director?) And the band was so tight it was unbelievable. Have seen him more recently in Southampton Chris Farlowe supporting, and he was again very good.

PS - also saw him at the first Knebworth - 1973(?)

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Saw him at Love Supreme a couple of years ago. His band were superb musicians and, as you would expect, were very tight. Van was his usual curmudgeonly self, charismatic he isn't, but the music was good and the crowd were happy. I wouldn't bust a gut to see him again though.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Seem him 3 or 3 times - always say never again and now I mean it. Love his music, but live he just seems to go through the motions and never does an encore

T.G

Mar 30, 2011
Shoreham-by-Sea
Seen him a few times and although he is a mardy bugger on stage he is still in fine fettle and has a great back catalogue to play from and some real classics. Definitely worth going to see him.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Seen him many times way back.
Unpredictable.
On one occasion so poor we named him ‘ Van the sham’
On another he was godlike.
Don’t go anymore - too expensive a risk.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
See him twice some years ago, first time brilliant, second time threw a strop and disappeared from stage after 20 minutes never to be seen again !

el punal

Three times, but not recently.
Last two it seemed he had a train to catch as he buggered off without an encore or even a goodnight and thanks for coming.
Never again, as much as I love his music.

Well that seems to be Van all over. Saw him in Southampton around 1992, engages with the audience? - he certainly doesn't. Having said that, his music is superb. So many great songs - my favourite, probably, "Tupelo Honey".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here