Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Inspirational Women

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I always felt very inspired by Linda Lusardi back in the day

I met Linda about a decade ago in Brighton, got a signed photo knocking about somewhere.
Still looked great for her age.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
This thread is all rather disappointing and predictable.

I tried...
Lets have another go:

YPG-women.jpg

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Alice Cooper. Used to love her tunes.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Anna Kournikova (who has just had twins with Enrique Inglasias btw) never won a top tournament but made more money than most of the top players at that time..
She should have been told that she was being exploited for her looks and nothing else. Dreadful state of affairs.

I expect that Miss Kournikova knew what she was doing, the poor innocent lamb.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I met Linda about a decade ago in Brighton, got a signed photo knocking about somewhere.
Still looked great for her age.

She opened some garden or diy centre somewhere out Worthing way in the mid 80s. A group of us school aged boys made the pilgrimage over from Seaford on the train.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Eugenie Bouchard. Amazing tennis player.

Sure, she doesn't win much....but she really tries hard and if you say anything bad about her I will find you.

Played tonight on BT Sport, never seen her or even heared of her, I was going through the channels on route to BT Sport 2 for the football.
I stopped channel hopping and watched a couple of games.
That is one sexy filly, unbelievable.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Jeanette Winterson is a fantastic person. Her work is brilliant and she gives a fantastic interview. Inspiring life story too. Yes, she gets my vote.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
@Thunder Bolt, for ploughing a relatively lonely furrow on here, not just because of her gender, but because her posts are always worth a read.

Echo that. This is a depressing thread.@ added above for heads up.

Here is a list. It is worthless....

Marie Curie
Martina Navratilova
Serena Williams
Venus Williams
Ingrid Bergman
Grace Jones
Siouxsie Sioux
Marianne Joan Elliott-Said (Poly Styrene)
Paula Radcliffe
Alice Roberts
Dianne Mitford (and her lovely sisters)

Actually this is so silly. Mrst T and I are struggling with the silliness of naming inspirational men. (Geoff Boycott, Oswald Mosely?)

Not sure what ths means. Frankly.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Theresa May for her low cut blouses, short skirts and giving credibility to the Labour Party.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I know it goes against the intended spirit of the thread (ie: name all the women you hate, or have wanked off to), but I'll be momentarily serious.

Michelle Obama- intelligent, charismatic, eloquent (Presidential, one might say, at least if the bar hadn't been so radically lowered by the present incumbent of course).

Nicola Adams- world champion in a sport previously considered off limits for women, likeable, always comes across incredibly well in media appearances

Jessica Ennis- incredible athlete, principled, smart

Claire Balding- because she's succeeded in a field previously populated almost entirely by men, or women who look like they've walked straight off a catwalk (hello SkySports), and all in the face of continual misogynistic or homophobic comments on social media because her appearance doesn't fit some people's ideas of what a female sports presenter should look like.

There are many more in my world.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I know it goes against the intended spirit of the thread (ie: name all the women you hate, or have wanked off to), but I'll be momentarily serious.

Michelle Obama- intelligent, charismatic, eloquent (Presidential, one might say, at least if the bar hadn't been so radically lowered by the present incumbent of course).

Nicola Adams- world champion in a sport previously considered off limits for women, likeable, always comes across incredibly well in media appearances

Claire Balding- because she's succeeded in a field previously populated almost entirely by men, or women who look like they've walked straight off a catwalk (hello SkySports), and all in the face of continual misogynistic or homophobic comments on social media because her appearance doesn't fit some people's ideas of what a female sports presenter should look like.

Well said.
I would like to add Edna Kranapple and I don't hate you.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

Good selection. Some of us did put a proper reply on the thread too btw. I would also nominate your good self as one the most knowledgable Albion fans I know, despite, you know, being a girl and that.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here