Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion player of the season…. So far….

Albion player of the season…. So far….

• Ryan

Votes: 41 9.7%
  • Duffy

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • Dunk

Votes: 100 23.7%
  • Bong

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Schelotto

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Stephens

Votes: 16 3.8%
  • Propper

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Knockaert

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • March

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Izquierdo

Votes: 8 1.9%
  • Gross

Votes: 176 41.7%
  • Murray

Votes: 69 16.4%

• Total voters

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
#FaultyLogic

:)

tenor.giftenor.giftenor.gif

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Re Dunk - I think we might have managed with Duffy and Goldson, but I think we'd be fooked without Murray.

Moreover, imagine how many more goals Murray might have scored earlier on in the season if Izquierdo and Knockaert had shown this sort of form back then.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
For me, it's between Gross, Dunk, Murray and Ryan. Izquierdo has been in form of late and arguably our best player in that period, but apart from West Ham away his performances during 2017 weren't up to much. I don't buy the argument that Gross shouldn't get it because he's been inconsistent, although I'd certainly dispute the extent to which this is a fair assessment of his season. The wingers and ACM aren't going to be able to perform at a consistent standard from game to game. Consistency is an attribute that is more associated with defensive players. But, despite all that, more current order would be as follows and I'm surprised by how poorly Ryan is doing in the polls:
Dunk
Ryan
Gross
Murray

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I wonder if Zaha would win the Palace Player of the Season poll?

"Nah - when he's off his game, and not even in the game, we're shit. Give it to someone else."

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Re Dunk - I think we might have managed with Duffy and Goldson, but I think we'd be fooked without Murray.

Moreover, imagine how many more goals Murray might have scored earlier on in the season if Izquierdo and Knockaert had shown this sort of form back then.

Oh I agree with what you're saying, but I don't see what it's got to do with PotS. At least with Murray, he's got replacements (Hemed, eventually Baldock and now, fortunately, Ulloa and Locadia), I'm not so sure you could say the same with Gross, but that doesn't qualify him to be PotS.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Voted Murray but there are certainly four or five other contenders at this stage.

Just love the way the guy is leading the line, not just scoring goals but applying an intelligence and guile that counts for a hell of a lot at this level.

It's even more impressive when you think that not so long ago, we were bewailing the lack of top-class strikers at the club and saying Murray would only play a supporting role for us in the PL. He's been absolutely brilliant.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that if you were to ask the players for their choice it would be Stephens by a country mile. he is a players player always doing the hard work but not being noticed as much as many.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
All important, but the clearance off the line is to be expected. He was there, that was his job, he did as expected (thankfully it went to him). Dunk getting to that rebound first though was different. Any one of our team could have tried to do that, and I dare say there are others better equipped (physically) to do so - ie, quicker and more agile. But it's Dunk's fighting spirit that sets him apart. He doesn't switch off, he's always fighting for the cause. I've never seen anyone like him play for us.

The ball was in the middle of the goal. But if you want to play down Knockers clearance thats up to you.

Can't agree more about Dunk, he did very well to get there, It was incredible being behind the goal, I am not sure I have had a rush like from just watching a game of football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Is that the same Murray who'd be fooked without Groß?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Gross, Gross, Gross,
Another assist for Gross,
Gross, Gross, Gross,
Another assist for Gross,
And another assist and another assist and another assist for Gross...
Hey He might get two, another assist for Gross.

Arthritic Toe

Nov 25, 2005
Swindon
I think its Dunk by a country mile. Gross seems to be getting the plaudits because he's new and has gone from zero to excellent. Dunk has only gone from excellent to out-of-this-world and as such, hasn't been noticed so much.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Looks like its going to be Gross then. Have to say I didn't see that coming. I'm sure we had a similar thread a month or two back and it was all Ryan or Dunk, with Gross getting hardly a mention. For me, yep absolutely he is involved in all our good play, has done some amazing crosses and I really really like him, but he can go missing in games, particularly in second halves, and is nearly always substituted off. Wouldn't be my player of the season, which is characterised more by strong defensive performances than anything else imo, but very very glad we have him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fine? Define fine in this context....
He's part of a team that are 10th in the table. He's still being picked. He came on on Sunday to help us keep our lead against Arsenal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Or it might be a possibility that Gross has been involved in the most goals (13 - 5 goals, 8 assists)

Yes he has, but I still would have thought Dunk by a mile.

Dunk (IMO), has been a standout in practically every game. Gross has also been exceptional, but has had a few poor ones, probably a clear second.

All opinions.......

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Your reckoning has moved my vote from Dunk to Gross. If we've been collectively poor when Gross hasn't been on his game, I'm just thankful that he has delivered as much as he has, otherwise we'd be stuffed.

#TeamGross

Or arguably if Dunk hadn't blocked so many shots and made so many important interceptions, we'd still be stuffed.

Teams are built from defence.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Yes he has, but I still would have thought Dunk by a mile.

Dunk (IMO), has been a standout in practically every game. Gross has also been exceptional, but has had a few poor ones, probably a clear second.

All opinions.......

I will admit it's close.. and the run in will decide it for all of us. It's healthy to have this debate now so we can judge each player as objectively as possible from now on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here