Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] This is why begging for shirts should be band.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
A bit of a clickbate thread title there, but this story was sent to me by a friend this morning. Fully deserved by that young lad and not just begging infront of international TV audiances.

I know which kid deserves a shirt more.

Liverpool left back Andy Robertson sends young fan signed Roberto Firmino shirt after he spent pocket money to help Anfield foodbanks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...son-sends-young-fan-signed-Firmino-shirt.html

Thoughts?

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Well deserved. Nice of Robertson to send a letter as well praising the kid. Funniest bit no one wants a left backs shirt so I got you Firmino’s instead. But 100% well deserved.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Very touching, such a lovely gesture from the lad and Robertson.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Very touching, such a lovely gesture from the lad and Robertson.

Agreed, but the cynic in me asks why the players, earning obscene amounts of money, couldn't have a whip round for the same cause?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Agreed, but the cynic in me asks why the players, earning obscene amounts of money, couldn't have a whip round for the same cause?

They might have done already, lots of things tend to go unpublicised.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
From the way the letter is written I’d be very surprised if Robertson isn’t already contributing to that particular cause.

I'm sure he is. Also, from the BBC "Before his 21st birthday in 2015, the former Queen's Park and Dundee United left-back asked friends and family to donate to a foodbank rather than buy him a present."

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
From the way the letter is written I’d be very surprised if Robertson isn’t already contributing to that particular cause.

I'm sure he is. Also, from the BBC "Before his 21st birthday in 2015, the former Queen's Park and Dundee United left-back asked friends and family to donate to a foodbank rather than buy him a present."

I apologise for my cynicsm.
Seems a good lad :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here