Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Racism in English Football

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I have written the odd survey. This is shit. For example the question about 'have you experienced'. You MUST have a demograhic declaration Q. What proportion of white footy fans have been subjected to racism at the football? FFS. Eejit. Deserves a 'Douglas' for this effort.

Instead of publicly slagging the kid off, maybe PM him with some help and advice ?

lsm

Banned
Mar 7, 2018
Pathetic responses, except for Wookiee, as a Huddersfield fan, I hoped you'd stay up this season with us because we're both 'unfashionable' clubs and were written off from the word go. But to be honest I couldn't care less now, if you dont want to take the survey then simply dont.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What a complete arse you are. Everyone else has been supportive and you're just being pathetic. I don't even want you to take the survey, where the hell has the accusation of being from a far right organisation come from?

OK how about the accusation of being far left? After all if racism was a escalating problem in football then sections of the identity politics media would be all over it. This looks like a witch hunt TBH.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Instead of publicly slagging the kid off, maybe PM him with some help and advice ?

Fair point. But he got quite gobby himself earlier on. It is a very poor effort, it has to be said, and to flop it out on NSC is .....well....all in all, iredeemable. I blame the tutors.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Fair point. But he got quite gobby himself earlier on. It is a very poor effort, it has to be said, and to flop it out on NSC is .....well....all in all, iredeemable. I blame the tutors.

He got gobby because of the mods response ! Clearly he is passionate but needs guidance in the best way to conduct his research!

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Hi everyone,
I am currently conducting a research report into racism in English football and whether the rise of social media has caused a rise in racism. I would be very grateful if you could take a couple of minutes of your time to fill out this short survey for me please?

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XRM2SV8

Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season

LSM
Your questions are vague when you say at a football match that could be anywhere In the world. Generally a few trolls on social media doesn’t equate to witnessing thousands giving monkey chants and throwing bananas in the 80’s. Racism and homophobia is prevalent on social media and it is not exclusive to football so your survey needs work

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OK how about the accusation of being far left? After all if racism was a escalating problem in football then sections of the identity politics media would be all over it. This looks like a witch hunt TBH.

No, its just a badly constructed poll. Trust you to read far too much into it....

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

I blame the tutors too.... :lolol:

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Pathetic responses, except for Wookiee, as a Huddersfield fan, I hoped you'd stay up this season with us because we're both 'unfashionable' clubs and were written off from the word go. But to be honest I couldn't care less now, if you dont want to take the survey then simply dont.

:flounce::ffsparr:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
This is going well :lolol:

Its a friggin Dumpster fire innit?:lolol:

I did a survey for my undergrad disurtation but got volunteers from the Leyton orient Board. wouldn't want opinions from the ill informed opinionated muppets on here, a self selection bias.:nono:

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
He got gobby because of the mods response ! Clearly he is passionate but needs guidance in the best way to conduct his research!

He's got anger management issues. Could do with calmer responses to not getting what he wants straight away !

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

To be honest, this is such a poor effort it would take me a good hour to do the training. Seriously, it is quite shockingly poor. Like I said, I blame the tutors. It is like sending out a footy player with his underpants on his head, it is that bad. If this is a uni project there will have been guidance so either the guidance was crap or this student didn't undestand or follow it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its a friggin Dumpster fire innit?:lolol:

I did a survey for my undergrad disurtation but got volunteers from the Leyton orient Board. wouldn't want opinions from the ill informed opinionated muppets on here, a self selection bias.:nono:

Correct (self selection bias). :thumbsup:

(you're still a knob, though :lolol:)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I didn't even get as far as the poll. All theories, economic or political carry underlying assumptions. Thats what smart people like me look for and you miss.

:lolol: If you are so smart why are you replying to me on NSC? Go and make lots of money, or something :shrug:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I have witnessed racism at a football match, but not this millenium, not sure how answering that question would have helped in the search for insight into a rise in racism connected to the rise of social media.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here