Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Which part of they didn’t ‘park the bus’ at Old Trafford are you struggling with?

Okay let me dumb it down for you so you can maybe understand better. When a team puts all the players behind the ball when the other team is in possession it is often referred to as " parking the bus "

the other terminology I used was " break " in football when a team defends then counter attacks it is often referred to as a " break". Having watched the game and then seen the stats you could clearly see Crystal Palace were defending with everyone behind the ball and then breaking when they won the ball back. Hence the possession stat being so low for them. United made this easier by being sloppy in possession and defensively therefore palace were able to break forward and have a lot of shots.

It's common sense really. Park the bus and break tactics are nothing new especially to a Roy Hodgson, Steve Bruce, Sam Allerdyce side.

You could use the terminology of ultra defensive as well if the parking the bus thing is to complicated for you to understand. I hope I've been able to clear this up for you. Always happy to help.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Another classic away day performance, and well worth the 3 points.
By reverting to a 442, we look more dangerous, with a lightening front 4 when we change from defence to attack.
Wilf is looking more like the player we know and love, and I hope no one comes in for him, but I’m sure clubs have been impressed by his start.
Tough game for you today in Geordieland, it won’t be as easy as some of you think .
Fancy 1-0 , with Wilson scoring on his home debut.

Hahahahahahahahahahshahhaha have some of that twatty - went too early as usual.

Oh, and if you want classic away performance I hope you took note on us. Play actual football and get the game by the scruff from the start. Not hoofball and stick 10 behind it :lol: Classic postcode boy :ffsparr:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How silly do you feel? :lol:

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
Okay let me dumb it down for you so you can maybe understand better. When a team puts all the players behind the ball when the other team is in possession it is often referred to as " parking the bus "

the other terminology I used was " break " in football when a team defends then counter attacks it is often referred to as a " break". Having watched the game and then seen the stats you could clearly see Crystal Palace were defending with everyone behind the ball and then breaking when they won the ball back. Hence the possession stat being so low for them. United made this easier by being sloppy in possession and defensively therefore palace were able to break forward and have a lot of shots.

It's common sense really. Park the bus and break tactics are nothing new especially to a Roy Hodgson, Steve Bruce, Sam Allerdyce side.

You could use the terminology of ultra defensive as well if the parking the bus thing is to complicated for you to understand. I hope I've been able to clear this up for you. Always happy to help.

I don’t need you to give me a definition of “parking the bus”, because that wasn’t what I asked you, I’m asking you to justify your use of the term with regard to Saturday’s game against Manchester United.

Ignoring your inference that I’m a bit simple, I’ll give you the benefit of doubt and just suggest that you misread my post. I’ve highlighted the bit I’m referring to, just in case you missed it.

Which part of they didn’t ‘park the bus’ at Old Trafford are you struggling with?

And your reply was a patronising explanation of “parking the bus”

:D

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don’t need you to give me a definition of “parking the bus”, because that wasn’t what I asked you, I’m asking you to justify your use of the term with regard to Saturday’s game against Manchester United.

Ignoring your inference that I’m a bit simple, I’ll give you the benefit of doubt and just suggest that you misread my post. I’ve highlighted the bit I’m referring to, just in case you missed it.

And your reply was a patronising explanation of “parking the bus”

:D

If they did park the bus, do you think the ultras would have found it and spray painted it by now?

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
If they did park the bus, do you think the ultras would have found it and spray painted it by now?

Quite possibly.

But they’d have had a wasted journey if they’d gone to Manchester on Saturday, seeing as there wasn’t a bus parked there to graffiti.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Someone might have to explain the last couple of posts to the poster with no name.

could you explain to your two bellcheese pals how to be decent human beings?

cos you're a good guy, don't you feel slightly ashamed, with the utter shiz they come out with?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Why do we put up with these Palace *****?
They add nothing to the board , just relentlessly troll after a Palace win, but disappear when those wankers lose.
Ban ‘em is what I say.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
31915.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why do we put up with these Palace *****?
They add nothing to the board , just relentlessly troll after a Palace win, but disappear when those wankers lose.
Ban ‘em is what I say.

They also disappear when you talk about their new stand.
"Work due to start end of 2018"

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Why oh why do we put up with these so called Palace fans acting like kúnts?

Debate is fine but this childish shyt is wearing very thin now. All over this thread because of a win. Grow a pair and ban the pricks.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What worries me more is Palace normally take six or seven games to get going, maybe they'll have their barren spell at the end of the season as we pip them to a Europa League place?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here