Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I would like to ask all sensible Palace fans.... Would you rather be in our position at the moment or yours? I really don't think there is any contest, you have an ageing squad, the oldest manager in the league, a lack of investment in the stadium and an apparent lack of direction.

I would be very concerned if I was a Palace fan at the moment.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Don't care what people say I think the occasional Palace fan popping in to say Hi is a good thing, even better is if our interactions create a benefit for those less fortunate than ourselves. So, with that in mind, and our obvious difference of opinion as to who is the better club how about we put our money where our mouth is?

My favourite charity is the Chestnut Tree House Children's Hospice and if Brighton don't finish above Palace in the 2020/21 season I'll give them £50, anyone else having a piece of this to make the next few months even more interesting? Palace fans?

Didnt you welch on a lost bet which entailed you wearing a palace top ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Didnt you welch on a lost bet which entailed you wearing a palace top ?

Nope, took option 2, which was to pay money to a Children's Hospice, part of the pre-season agreement! As many on here will testify I always pay up!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I would like to ask all sensible Palace fans.... Would you rather be in our position at the moment or yours? I really don't think there is any contest, you have an ageing squad, the oldest manager in the league, a lack of investment in the stadium and an apparent lack of direction.

I would be very concerned if I was a Palace fan at the moment.

You cant really answer that TBF as a fan of a team any team you look at the good times and that would not be swapped for anything.

The squad is being re-modeled at the moment as you know we have just bought Nathan Ferguson who is 19 and highly thought of and an England under 21 player. We also signed a 19 year old Scott Banks who is tipped to be a future Scotland star. And there are a couple of signings in the offing.

Our last game of the season there were 7 players under 23 on the field and bench, so the aging squad ( still younger than yours last season) is being upgraded.

Dont really care what age the manager is if he can still cut the mustard TBH.

I dont worry about stands, I like where I sit, I have a few bars to pick from and I couldn't watch football from side on, so I would never sit in any new stand that was built anyway :p There has been a bit of money spent on the ground but theres not much point spending loads if your going to / plan to knock some of it down.

( I am always surprised fans of Brighton find this an issue considering the trouble they had with finding and getting built a stadium and had to move out of Brighton in the end to Falmer ? )

Not sure what you mean direction, Its the same direction as any club ?? we have just been granted category 1 academy status. But I suppose the direction is to stay in the premier league and sneak a top ten now and again or maybe a good cup run

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Nope, took option 2, which was to pay money to a Children's Hospice, part of the pre-season agreement! As many on here will testify I always pay up!

Oh right. That’s why I don’t bet as you always lose regardless.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
( I am always surprised fans of Brighton find this an issue considering the trouble they had with finding and getting built a stadium and had to move out of Brighton in the end to Falmer ? )

Let me help you out here:-

After years of derision about our 'wonky' indentikit stadium
palace propose a West Stand clone.

After years of asking 'how are you going to pay for it?'
We are repeatedly told the money is 'ring-fenced'.

Having been told "work due to start at the end of 2018".
It seems like nothing has changed.

I don't think we have an issue with your new stand.
I think we have an issue with palace fans and their new stand.

Oh and when I say "issue" I mean comedy gold.

I'm now going to assume as with every other mention of your new stand, on NSC, all comments will be ignored.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There’s a lesson there for Tim .

£50 to REMF - we finish above you next season - interested in helping kids charities or did you deliberately suggest you always lose to Tim’s post to try and get a reaction (ie you were taking the piss out of him giving money to a children’s charity).

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
There’s a lesson there for Tim .

What's that, stop giving money to a children's hospice in response to friendly bets?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Yep, you paid up on a bet we had

... and with two others :lolol:

Thinking of something for Chestnut Tree House around goals scored next season (so long as we don't buy a £50m striker 20 goals a season one! :lol:)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You cant really answer that TBF as a fan of a team any team you look at the good times and that would not be swapped for anything.

The squad is being re-modeled at the moment as you know we have just bought Nathan Ferguson who is 19 and highly thought of and an England under 21 player. We also signed a 19 year old Scott Banks who is tipped to be a future Scotland star. And there are a couple of signings in the offing.

Our last game of the season there were 7 players under 23 on the field and bench, so the aging squad ( still younger than yours last season) is being upgraded.

Dont really care what age the manager is if he can still cut the mustard TBH.

I dont worry about stands, I like where I sit, I have a few bars to pick from and I couldn't watch football from side on, so I would never sit in any new stand that was built anyway :p There has been a bit of money spent on the ground but theres not much point spending loads if your going to / plan to knock some of it down.

Not sure what you mean direction, Its the same direction as any club ?? we have just been granted category 1 academy status. But I suppose the direction is to stay in the premier league and sneak a top ten now and again or maybe a good cup run

Sorry Loz, you lost me at ‘Scotland’ and ‘star’ in the same sentence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you want some peace and quiet seemingly talk of the new stand has palace fans suddenly finding something better to do.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Oh right. That’s why I don’t bet as you always lose regardless.

You're a Palace fan, you always lose regardless.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
... and with two others :lolol:

Thinking of something for Chestnut Tree House around goals scored next season (so long as we don't buy a £50m striker 20 goals a season one! :lol:)

As long as you remember mate ... when the fun stops ... stop!!!

But seriously, i'll always take friendly bets with you for such a worthy cause

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here