Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Funny how they made that myth up just by being close to the mics, what isn’t funny is that people believe it!

I doubt their ground has ever been as loud as the North and West Stands singing ALBION as one.

The Amex is far louder than Selhurst and always has been. All there is is an annoying drum and the odd faint wooooooah and occasionally something about sarf London - def in the relegation places for atmosphere is that shit hole - most palace fans I know agree too. They hate the always ultras and always have. Embarrassing etc. They’re honest :lol:

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Poor Dougie, we have been ignoring for a few weeks, been on every day waiting for a palace thread he can comment on

Whenever he posts, i can't help but think of the woman in 'Audition' sitting by the phone. Just substitute the girl for a fat dweeb in a Palace shirt and you've got Dougie.

GUzI5xC.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I took my boss and his young son to the home game, last season.

To this day he still says:-

'When palace scored I've never heard silence like it'. :down:

One day I'll just #**** him one and leave. :lolol:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
The Amex is far louder than Selhurst and always has been. All there is is an annoying drum and the odd faint wooooooah and occasionally something about sarf London - def in the relegation places for atmosphere is that shit hole - most palace fans I know agree too. They hate the always ultras and always have. Embarrassing etc. They’re honest :lol:

Even their new songs manage to have a wooooah or a oooohhhh in them somewhere :ffsparr:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I took my boss and his young son to the home game, last season.

To this day he still says:-

'When palace scored I've never heard silence like it'. :down:

One day I'll just #**** him one and leave. :lolol:

That sort of thing happens when you’ve just received a sucker punch from your arch rivals. I’d be disappointed if people carried on as if nothing had happened.

Can’t remember if it happened at this game, but an opposition goal is usually greeted with a loud rendition of ALBION straight after.

Maybe you are referring to the Palace fans, in which case I can’t really remember hearing them at all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That sort of thing happens when you’ve just received a sucker punch from your arch rivals. I’d be disappointed if people carried on as if nothing had happened.

Can’t remember if it happened at this game, but an opposition goal is usually greeted with a loud rendition of ALBION straight after.

Maybe you are referring to the Palace fans, in which case I can’t really remember hearing them at all.

Yeah, he's referring to where we sit in The Family Stand.

Naturally we instantly went silent.
But it took what felt like an age for their celebration to travel up to us.

That second felt like 5 minutes.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Their too embarrassed about it. It’s bad enough being stuck with them let alone advertise the fact

As an NHL fan, they're happier to feature the New Jersey Devils (who have been shit for a long time) than Palace.

When you're shitter than the NJ Devils, you know you're in trouble.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Am pretty sure both grounds are loud sometimes and quite at other times.. it’s not really a willy waving competition. The only real bragging rights are league positions.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Am pretty sure both grounds are loud sometimes and quite at other times.. it’s not really a willy waving competition. The only real bragging rights are league positions.

Relative to wages.

Or it's not a level playing field, is it.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

and the head to heads

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
palace's new stand will make the AMEX seem like a Quaker meeting.

It's a simple fact of the reality of that situation.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Don't care what people say I think the occasional Palace fan popping in to say Hi is a good thing, even better is if our interactions create a benefit for those less fortunate than ourselves. So, with that in mind, and our obvious difference of opinion as to who is the better club how about we put our money where our mouth is?

My favourite charity is the Chestnut Tree House Children's Hospice and if Brighton don't finish above Palace in the 2020/21 season I'll give them £50, anyone else having a piece of this to make the next few months even more interesting? Palace fans?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here