Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bruno: what next?

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
El capitan will be 38 next year. What's going to happen to him? Unlikely to get another year's playing contract...

Can we find a job for him at the club?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Could we combine a playing contract if needed, with a coaching one if he has done his badges. Possibly playing for U23s help to bring on the young players.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
He is a fantastic influence on the players (diet, enthusiastic, healthy living, respected, liked etc) , so I really hope the club can offer him a suitable role, if that is what he would like.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He is a fantastic influence on the players (diet, enthusiastic, healthy living, respected, liked etc) , so I really hope the club can offer him a suitable role, if that is what he would like.

I would imagine it would be up to Chris. It would be great to see him stay. Flair.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

I suspect he would like our temperatures to be 10 degrees higher as a year-round average.

It would be great to keep him, but there may be other more tempting offers out there and we can't keep all of our favourites forever; unless you advocate some form of imprisonment to keep hold of him, but that hardly seems fair.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This time next year Bruno will be 20 stone. He's made sacrifices to keep himself in shape so he could keep playing. When he stops playing for us he's going to make up for lost time. Expect to see him rolling out of restaurants and bars around Hove every weekend.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I wouldn't be totally surprised if he got another 1 year contract.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
El capitan will be 38 next year. What's going to happen to him? Unlikely to get another year's playing contract...

Can we find a job for him at the club?

If he would be happy as a squad player, I can see no reason not to give him another year. Other than the uncharacteristic lash out against Everton, he hasn't put a foot wrong. Schelotto has been very good, but Bruno is still more assured in defence and still has better technique than most other Premier League defenders.

I'd be gutted if he wasn't still around in some capacity. I'm still not quite over Calde going.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I wouldn't be totally surprised if he got another 1 year contract.

I think he might too. After that you need to release him, unless there is a place in the Youth Set up. Sentiments cant work when the stakes are so high.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I think he might too. After that you need to release him, unless there is a place in the Youth Set up. Sentiments cant work when the stakes are so high.

What are your thoughts on Rosenior? I’d like to see him groomed to be CH’s successor

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Could we combine a playing contract if needed, with a coaching one if he has done his badges. Possibly playing for U23s help to bring on the young players.

Something we agree on - though I think he probably good be of use across all the age groups right attitude combined with incredible technique and quite unassuming with it (despite the porsche)

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
What are your thoughts on Rosenior? I’d like to see him groomed to be CH’s successor

He is another great guy. our scouts certainly do their homework and I believe he is doing his badges. i dont think you just groom someone as they usually need to start at a lower level club .

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Let’s quietly keep him on the playing staff for the next ten years or so. No one has to know.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

As a player at this level, he’s done. Manager in the making though. He would speak to oxford

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I think he does already get involved in coaching (or at the very least observes it) at the club but I don't know at what level - It's no secret that is what he wants to do and it would be great if something like that happened; however, if he is to build a reputation for himself in football management I think he would need to go elsewhere because I don't think CH has a timescale to stop managing.

He could of course end up being part of the Brighton set up but there are too many different scenarios which could crop up I between that time. So I have really no idea what the position might end up being for Liam. Great '' Professional'' though in everything he does.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here