Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Huddersfield Town

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Hope they stay up. Must re-read that Hudds buying everyone thread at some point!

larus

If and it's a big if we were to get two wins against Everton and Leicester , we would be on the magical 40 points which most agree makes you safe.

We surely wouldnt consider playing a weakened side against Huddersfield to aide them in their fight against the drop with Palace , would we ? ;)

Not a chance. Each position in the league is worth about £1m I believe. So why would we risk the chance to be 2-3 places higher (possibly)? I wouldn’t want the club to potentially lose £2-3m quid on the chance that it might relegate Palace.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Not a chance. Each position in the league is worth about £1m I believe. So why would we risk the chance to be 2-3 places higher (possibly)? I wouldn’t want the club to potentially lose £2-3m quid on the chance that it might relegate Palace.

Each position is worth around £2 million.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Personally, I hope they survive, as long as it's not at our expense.

I'm quite enjoying all the moaners on social media platforms labelling this as "the worst ever Premier League" simply because it's got the likes of Huddersfield and Brighton in it.

My ideal three candidates for the drop would be WBA; Stoke and Palace. However, I believe that one of those spots may be reserved for Saints this season.

If West Ham only pick up a point from there next couple of games (both at home) then I think they will be in deep do dah..and my tip to relegation

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Possibly 42 needed ?? Seriously doubt that. I still think 37 will be enough - too many teams scrapping and taking points off each other, probably quite a few draws lessening the total points gained etc.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Similarly, I'd like Stoke to survive, Shaqiri to leave in the summer and then they'll be in the sh1t with Lambert next season.

Stoke are this season's Sunderland. Dreary old pile of toss who have long outstayed their PL welcome. Like Sunderland, prime candidates for a double relegation.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Huddersfield Town:

Swansea (H) 50% win likelihood
Palace (H) 50%

4 pts
After the break

Newcastle (A) 20%
Brighton (A) 20%
Watford (H) 50%

then

Chelsea (A)
Everton (H) 60%
Man C (A)

2, 3 or 4 or 5 pts = 36 to 39

finally

Arsenal (H) ???

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As fans we should have one eye on survival next season, and no disrespect to Huddersfield but I'd much rather be competing against them than, say, a Saints team that will surely appoint a better manager over the summer?

Similarly, I'd like Stoke to survive, Shaqiri to leave in the summer and then they'll be in the sh1t with Lambert next season.

So that's Huddersfield, Stoke, Cardiff to get relegated at the end of 2018/19.

Cardiff haven't even been promoted yet! Crikey, you are relegating them from a division they aren't even playing in!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Stoke are this season's Sunderland. Dreary old pile of toss who have long outstayed their PL welcome. Like Sunderland, prime candidates for a double relegation.
West Brom are this year's Sunderland. Ageing overpaid squad, can't score, discipline problems, can't defend. They'd be my tip for double relegation. If Pardew stays it's almost nailed on.

Stoke would do ok in the Championship.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Agree with this. As soon as we are safe I'll be supporting the teams that are too small to really compete in the PL and will therefore never be too far from a relegation battle. I'm thinking Huddersfield, Swansea and Bournemouth. I'd much rather we have all of those in the league next season than West Ham, Southampton and Newcastle.

Bournemouth?

Bournemouth, really?

Bournemouth, give over!

Oh for the sake of a Mussolini on a Tandem, Bournemouth?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cardiff haven't even been promoted yet! Crikey, you are relegating them from a division they aren't even playing in!

Statistically, at least one of the promoted 3 goes back down again and they are second, 4 ahead of Villa and 5 ahead of Fulham with a game in hand.

We should be cheering on Cardiff to promotion - Wolves, Villa and Fulham could all be useful in the Prem, whereas Warnock's Prem form is abysmal.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

Apart from they are nothing like Sunderland and a fairly well run club. Sunderland is a complete Circus. But I guess they both play in Red and White stripes so close enough.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
With 39 pts the minimum target, 42 possibly needed

If 42 was possibly needed, even I would start bedwetting.

I have felt all season that the 3 promoted sides could stay up, and I see no reason to change my mind.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
37 points will statistically give you more than 50% chance of staying up.

Huddersfield will be fine.

WBA, Swansea & Stoke are going down I believe

Swansea getting relegated now would be a surprise, they have some great results recently (apart from one game that springs to mind....!), they play Huddersfield next, and also have Southampton, West Brom, Everton, Bournemouth and Stoke in their run in.

Carvahal seems to have found a system that works for them and got them scoring goals. I can't see them going down.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
37 points will statistically give you more than 50% chance of staying up.

Huddersfield will be fine.

WBA, Swansea & Stoke are going down I believe

Southampton are can't score, if things don't change they are going. 5 wins all season. Only 1 since November

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I may well be wrong, and of course still too early to tell, but l have a sneaky feeling that Palace will survive, as much as it hurts me to say it I thought they were magnificent last night until they ran out of steam towards the end. They will soon have Zaha back, and he makes such a difference for them.

I too think Southampton could be in trouble, their next few fixtures l wouldn't wish on anybody!"

Clearly the Huddersfield v Palace game is massive to both clubs but an observation Palace's confidence must be quite low, they have played well in the last two games and lost both (at home). This thing about Zaha coming back from injury and results improving must put loads of pressure on young shoulders and of course how fit will he be on his return or will he be rushed back.
I'm far too tight to gamble but I think Huddersfield's home form will keep them up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here