Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST revoked for touting Arsenal game? Now with PB response (post #306)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think the spirit of the rules are, you don’t sell or even give your ST to anyone even a friend that supports the opposition. Secondly you don’t sell your ticket at a profit to anyone to attend a game. You can give to a friend who supports BHA for a game and or they can pay you either the fave value or less for a game u can’t attend.

Doesn’t sound unreasonable to me

You can give the ticket to a family member or friend, but no money should change hands, whether at face value or even just a tenner.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I think the spirit of the rules are, you don’t sell or even give your ST to anyone even a friend that supports the opposition. Secondly you don’t sell your ticket <delete> at a profit <delete>to anyone to attend a game. You can give <added> your season ticket <added> to a friend who supports BHA for a game <delete> and or they can pay you either the face value or less for a game u can’t attend. <delete>

Doesn’t sound unreasonable to me

ammended

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry that I can't be bothered to wade through 300 posts, if the answer's there already, but how exactly have the club caught out s/t holders who have passed their physical s/t card to a mate or family member for a game? For those particular circumstances, have they really cancelled s/t's?

I suspect you already know the answer, and detect a withering ennui :lolol:

Nobody has ever been caught passing on a ticket to a mate (unless the mate has been banned and is spotted on the way in. In which case it is the presence and identification of the 'fan' rather than the passing on of the ticket that is caught). After being frisked, we put our tickets in the ticket reader. Nobody looks at the ticket (I am talking about STs here - albeit I have had a print at home and that is also machine read at the turnstyle too).

So, as noted by 99.9% of those posting on this thread, the 0.1% who continue to be broflake outraged that nobody told them they can't sell their ticket to 'headhunter88' on Gumtree really need to give their head a good old wobble, and give the rest of us the wonderful gift of their silence.

So.....

-better ticket exchange on the way with cash back. Has to be a good thing, we’ll continue to sell out most games if we stay in the PL for several seasons I suspect
-unclear if this would allow the selling back of non STH tickets (imagine not ?)
-silent on handing season ticket to a mate (so would take this to mean they’ll still turn a blind eye to this, but can’t freely allow it/condone it)

I would sugget this is covered by the same rules the club has for those STH’s who exercise their right to buy an additional ticket for a game...... You are responsible for the person who is in that seat.

I think it would be fool hardy to push PB or the club on this matter as I have a feeling if a definative answer in writing was sought, it may not be the answer most want to read.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think it would be fool hardy to push PB or the club on this matter as I have a feeling if a definative answer in writing was sought, it may not be the answer most want to read.

Completely agree, a tiny toys out of the pram from a few end up worsening the rules for the many. We've already had upgrades for kids tickets limited to 6 because of a minority abusing the system.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Do we have any idea how much cash back there is likely to be on the advanced ticket exchange? It could be a factor for those of us trying to decide (in the next five days) whether to keep a season ticket in Leeds...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Completely agree, a tiny toys out of the pram from a few end up worsening the rules for the many. We've already had upgrades for kids tickets limited to 6 because of a minority abusing the system.
The club wields a mighty sledgehammer.

Do we have any idea how much cash back there is likely to be on the advanced ticket exchange? It could be a factor for those of us trying to decide (in the next five days) whether to keep a season ticket in Leeds...

Some clubs have the pro rata ticket price, minus a 10% admin fee. Some don’t charge a fee but you cover the resellers fee (like Everton). Some don’t do cash but give you a credit off next year’s seaon ticket.

Either way, I reckon it would be close to the values offered as a voucher now, except not as a voucher.

Personally, I favour the Arsenal model of money off next years season ticket.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I would sugget this is covered by the same rules the club has for those STH’s who exercise their right to buy an additional ticket for a game...... You are responsible for the person who is in that seat.

Exactly what I meant.......it's pretty simple really. Still not any evidence that anyone doing this has been sanctioned.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Fair play to PB for replying and i look forward to a fully functioning cash back ticket exchange system , now the thing about that is will it be kicking in as each block sells out or will every seat in the stadium have to sell before it kicks in ? , the reason why there's been very few times as stated , the current neolithic ticket exchange system kicks in is that the club waits until the last possible moment to start it up because there's been a few disabled seats left ect , thus people just don't bother with it , thus people still passing tickets to mates , and i don't blame them , so will the new system be a block by block or as it is now ? if it is the same as now then nothing will change because very few games at home sell out completely apparently .

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Stubhub is a rip-off. Something like 30% mark-up for gig tickets. Assume it's same for football.

Albion should look at Twickets (just a few quid mark-up) as used by Arsenal, Palace, QPR etc etc.

Not seen Twickets before... it looks very good to me. Hope it really catches on.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Some clubs have the pro rata ticket price, minus a 10% admin fee. Some don’t charge a fee but you cover the resellers fee (like Everton). Some don’t do cash but give you a credit off next year’s seaon ticket.

Either way, I reckon it would be close to the values offered as a voucher now, except not as a voucher.

Personally, I favour the Arsenal model of money off next years season ticket.

Sorry, how much is that? I've no idea!

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
My take is that the Club are content to let STH give ticket to mate when they can`t go. Whether money changes hand is not known. It is right that STH is responsible for anyone they give ticket to. My family have three tickets and probably about 50% of the games this season have we all gone.However I think only one game have we had one empty seat. Always taking either family member/close friend or work colleague. I do think the "problem" is being blown up .Yes Ticket touts and STH trying to profit from sale of tickets need to be drummed out. I guess there are a miniscule no of STH who are causing a problem and it is disappointing to still see tickets on agencies websites.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I think bronze members get first pick for PL games. How about buying a second bronze membership (it's not expensive), so that you can buy 2 tickets for any match you like. As a non-ST holder and bronze member, if I remember the dates particular tickets gp on sale, I've been able to see every match I wanted this season in the stand of my choosing. (I don't have many points, which doesn't affect the above advice for home games).

Thanks but £30 for each of us on top of the ticket price is too much.
I might do it next season though.The £30 for Bronze is for the season and not for a year so only valid for 4 home games one of which is sold out. One may be moved so cannot book a flight for that until the cup game is done.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not that easy though is it, games are graded, so tickets for Huddersfield at home are different to Man Utd, ergo the season ticket isn't the total cost divided by 19. Who dictates what a match day value of a season ticket is?

Your phrase is probably right though, 'passed on', which implies to a mate, a relative or a mate of a mate who slips you a twenty as way of thanks – as you've said below.

Splitting hairs over a few quid in my opinion there. There would be a mathmatical way of working out % difference of price category's and how many games in each category but tbh anyone doing that needs to get out more. I meant the easiest way is just % by 19 or 23 etc.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Re: an above point, PLEASE don't pass your tickets on to opposing supporters, even if they're mates. Have had them alongside me for 3/4 important games and it is ****ING annoying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here