Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST revoked for touting Arsenal game? Now with PB response (post #306)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I know there are some small groups of people (who can't all attend matches regularly) who have bought say two season tickets between four people and whoever is available uses the tickets. So are we now being told this is illegal and can result in your season ticket being cancelled if you are found out? If so, is this common practice with other clubs? Sound wrong to me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I know there are some small groups of people (who can't all attend matches regularly) who have bought say two season tickets between four people and whoever is available uses the tickets. So are we now being told this is illegal and can result in your season ticket being cancelled if you are found out? If so, is this common practice with other clubs? Sound wrong to me.
Depends how big the ever growing club sledgehammer gets.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Tickets being passed between friends & family isn't by the rules as STs are non transferrable, but this hasn't led to this issue, this has been when an ST holder has tried to profit from selling their ST to a 3rd party they in all likelihood don't know for profit.

el punal

It think there are clear requirements for oppo fans in the 1901 areas, certainly no colours to be displayed, you should look in the T&Cs for members that they send out every season with ever diminishing perks of being ‘members’. The concourses with carpets are still Home stands and oppo fans are expected to respect that.

5.2 Whilst the Company accepts that some Guests may favour the away team, the Seats provided as part of the Hospitality Package are within the home supporters’ area in the Stadium and therefore Guests must respect their surroundings at all times.

5.3 The Company reserves the right to eject from the Stadium the Purchaser and/or any of its Guests that behave in a loud, disorderly, unruly or abusive manner or otherwise breach the Terms of Entry and shall not be required to pay any compensation to the Purchaser or any Guest as a result of any such ejection.

Brighton and Hove Albion warmly welcome the Millwall Bushwackers Reunion Party to the Goldstone 1901 hospitality area. We trust that you have wonderful and entertaining experience and will visit us again soon.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
How would the club know ? There will be loads of fans of other clubs with a purchase history or membership. We even have STHs that are fans of other clubs first and Albion second.

If they reveal themselves as Away fans, either by wearing colours (which is explicitly mentioned in the T&Cs) or by cheering on the away team/celebrating goals.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I suspect this will all become a non-issue now.

The club have made it abundantly clear that if you are 'seen' selling an Albion ticket in the public, and you can be traced, then you are going to lose your privileges with the club. There can't be many, if any, Albion fans who aren't aware of this now which, of course, was the reason behind the club feeding the story to the Argus this week. Naylor very, very rarely runs fan interest pieces - it's just not his bag normally.

Those who have existing 'sharing' arrangements in place with friends and family are not affected by this, neither are those who drag along a mate when a usual attendee can't make a one-off game.

So, just be ultra-cautious if you value your relationship with the club, as I'm sure all of us do. Don't take risks. And don't knowingly let an opposing fan have a ticket for an Albion end.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The club absolutely does NOT have to act when those identified as long-standing fans pass on a ticket to another Albion fan for face value or less. This scenario is a world away from opportunists intentionally and knowingly looking to profit.

To ban a long-standing fan for a period of time based on a single known transgression is wholly excessive and displays absolutely no empathy towards football supporters. You do have to wonder about the mindset of those who think this course of action is appropriate. Career ticketing professionals who have never been and are not football supporters themselves? I have no idea, but this isn't telling someone they can't go to Tesco any more, when there is Sainsbury and Asda just down the road. This is a relationship with a football club - special, intimate and can't be changed on a whim.

By all means slap the person on the wrist, tell them they've had their one chance, but ban them from Albion games? **** me.

And to be clear: throw the book at touts and opportunists absolutely.

Try Googling Brighton Football tickets.......Several ticket agencies are selling Brighton Tickets in both home and away supporters areas at hugely inflated prices openly and for all to see. Surely this is what the Club should and could stamp out. Why do they turn a blind eye to this ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I suspect this will all become a non-issue now.

The club have made it abundantly clear that if you are 'seen' selling an Albion ticket in the public, and you can be traced, then you are going to lose your privileges with the club. There can't be many, if any, Albion fans who aren't aware of this now which, of course, was the reason behind the club feeding the story to the Argus this week. Naylor very, very rarely runs fan interest pieces - it's just not his bag normally.

Those who have existing 'sharing' arrangements in place with friends and family are not affected by this, neither are those who drag along a mate when a usual attendee can't make a one-off game.

So, just be ultra-cautious if you value your relationship with the club, as I'm sure all of us do. Don't take risks. And don't knowingly let an opposing fan have a ticket for an Albion end.

This. FFS.

And in other news, man claims that poking himself in the eye 'could cause damage'.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Try Googling Brighton Football tickets.......Several ticket agencies are selling Brighton Tickets in both home and away supporters areas at hugely inflated prices openly and for all to see. Surely this is what the Club should and could stamp out. Why do they turn a blind eye to this ?

They don't. Not by a long way.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton

Just did. Up came Man City March 18th.
It said 'Quick don't miss out'
'This game is in high demand'
'This game could sell out soon'
£377 for a seat East stand right in the middle.
Suggest you're quick if you want one, only 10 left.

Does this mean the rumours of a double header with reserves Saturday and full Sunday is on?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

I don't think they do, where the club become aware of non authorised sites selling tickets they look to close them down. I believe that where the website is overseas then the clubs hands are tied as the sellers are effectively outside of UK jurisdiction.

Whether they actually have the tickets they offer, or just take your money and leave you disappointed an out of pocket, I have no idea as I wouldn't use one of these sites.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here