Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST revoked for touting Arsenal game? Now with PB response (post #306)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Felt like I was in the Arsenal home end on Sunday, fella to the right of me and two old geezers behind openly celebrating the Arsenal goals. Shocking. Anyone who gives their ticket to an opposition team fan rather than one of the thousands of Brighton fans on the waiting list need to take a long hard look at themselves.

That IS shocking.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Thanks for enlightening me! I think I just assumed that it would be OK to do a mate a favour and also ensure the seat is filled by an Albion fan. Bit naive I suppose.

Assuming your mate is an Albion fan, and not a dick who attracts attention/trouble, no-one is ever gonna know....

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Blokes (usual STHs) that sit behind us challenged the group that were sat next to them in WSL - not aggressively but just asked how they (including obvious, but fairly quiet TBF, Arsenal supporters) got tickets - they said their group was a mix of Albion and Arsenal, but all had purchase history so wasn't difficult to get them - they weren't in STH seats though. Nothing much we can do about this apart from telling them to STFU during the game I guess but have seen this happen elsewhere including at friendly old Fulham once in the home end where a couple of scousers were very swiftly ejected when Gerrard scored and they couldn't contain themselves. No-one should give their ST to away fans.....and any STH that has actually sold their ticket to any Arsenal (directly or on the open market) deserve a ban and STH cancellation IMO.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I don't understand how these things work. I'm not a STH (but am a Bronze Member). If a mate with a ST tells me he can't make it to a home game and would I like to borrow his ST has he (have I) committed an offence in the eyes of the Club? If no money changes hands it can't be wrong - or can it?

If so then I am guilty as well.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I read this thread, an e bay advert came up.

It simply said.

Snap It, List It, Sell It

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
So, it doesn't appear as anyone whose ST has been revoked has stepped forward. I suspect it'll remain that way.

I’m wondering if there are any who got caught who did what a reasonable fan would think was an ok transaction. Like you, I doubt we’ll see any saying “yeah, I sold my ticket to a tout at the game and got half of next season’s ST price for it”, but maybe there are a few whose story would cause us to go “hmm, seems ok to me”...

There’s also the issue of what exactly constituted the ticket. I can’t see any STH giving their card to a tout or a stranger, so presumably they got the club to issue a paper ticket first? If so, that takes the transaction into a whole new area of tackiness.

Not sure if there are other ways that a ticket can be produced to tout?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Lucky to get away with a suspension until the end of the season, but assume first offence with stern warning of if lesson not learnt full time ST ban follows

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Felt like I was in the Arsenal home end on Sunday, fella to the right of me and two old geezers behind openly celebrating the Arsenal goals. Shocking. Anyone who gives their ticket to an opposition team fan rather than one of the thousands of Brighton fans on the waiting list need to take a long hard look at themselves.

where do you sit.?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Lucky to get away with a suspension until the end of the season, but assume first offence with stern warning of if lesson not learnt full time ST ban follows

Clever by the club. Season Tickets paid via DD are now paid up so little recourse on it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

A spokesman said: "In addition to blocking a number of tickets touted, we have also taken strong action against a number of club members for touting our match tickets.

"Fans whose tickets were sold on have had their season tickets revoked until the end of the season. Touts were reported to police and tickets blocked."

Some aren't getting away with just a sunspension.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
A spokesman said: "In addition to blocking a number of tickets touted, we have also taken strong action against a number of club members for touting our match tickets.

"Fans whose tickets were sold on have had their season tickets revoked until the end of the season. Touts were reported to police and tickets blocked."

Some aren't getting away with just a sunspension.

You know someone who has been banned from renewing for next season...?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
That would be funny.

It would. It would also be the obvious way of being absolutely certain that you'd nicked the culprit. They wouldn't have to buy at very many games and ban the seller to send a very powerful message...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
3 Arsenal fans in front of us. Whilst annoying, I wouldn't dob the regulars in.

Instead, there will be some finger wagging going on next home game.
Finger wagging? Ok, I don't approve of getting them banned for a first offence, but how about a warning? 'If you sell/give your tickets to a non Brighton fan again, I'm telling on you!' Letting Brighton mates, or even selling to a fellow Brighton fan is a different matter, but not the opposition.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

"Fans whose tickets were sold on have had their season tickets revoked until the end of the season.

Seems like quite a mild slap on the wrist. Doesn't mention anything about next season, mind.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Technically, every transfer needs the club’s permission. However, the club are on record as saying they turn a blind eye to the type of transfer you describe

Can you share where they have gone on record? I'm away for a few games over the winter and give my ST to my neighbour in return for him checking our house weekly, forwarding mail etc.

No money changes hands but I'm beginning to get a bit worried about some of this stuff

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Felt like I was in the Arsenal home end on Sunday, fella to the right of me and two old geezers behind openly celebrating the Arsenal goals.
Goals? I thought we won?

I'd have struggled not to complain to a steward. While that seems pathetic when sitting here with 3 points in the bag, I wasn't feeling so charitable when Arsenal scored.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Goals? I thought we won?

I'd have struggled not to complain to a steward. While that seems pathetic when sitting here with 3 points in the bag, I wasn't feeling so charitable when Arsenal scored.

We're too nice...the Fulham (vs Liverpool) incident I saw resulted in some old codgers a few rows going batshit mental and screaming for the scousers to be ejected. Shouting/abuse didn't stop until they were taken out.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can you share where they have gone on record? I'm away for a few games over the winter and give my ST to my neighbour in return for him checking our house weekly, forwarding mail etc.

No money changes hands but I'm beginning to get a bit worried about some of this stuff

Can't remember the last time I was out of the country and didn't give my ST to a trusted mate to give to their trusted mate. If the club consider that a crime and take any action against me, then so be it. I'll go and watch Lewes instead :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here