Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] ST revoked for touting Arsenal game? Now with PB response (post #306)

el punal

I don't understand how these things work. I'm not a STH (but am a Bronze Member). If a mate with a ST tells me he can't make it to a home game and would I like to borrow his ST has he (have I) committed an offence in the eyes of the Club? If no money changes hands it can't be wrong - or can it?

No, it's not wrong. I would imagine it's blatantly selling on your match ticket for profit. I'm probably being naive here, but if you're a season ticket holder surely it would be difficult to pass on your card to a third party and then try and retrieve it after the game. Perhaps the season ticket holder has substituted his card for a paper ticket thus eliminating the need to recover his ST?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Are you one of those whose ST has been revoked until next season for touting Arsenal game?

I have this problem every bloomin' home match. I sit in the East Stand Lower with my son and grandson... we're all in the 1901 club. We are in the middle of hoards of "Goldstone" hospitality 'yellow' badges. Mostly they are supporting the away team and sometimes (especially that the Goldstone deal involves a good few bevvies`) they are not at all respectful of the fact they are in an Albion home stand. The Arsenal lot in front of me were not too bad but that is not usually the case. I'm old, fat, probably wouldn't stand a chance in a dust-up but I so want to 'quieten' the noisy sods who completely disregard for home fans. Is there any body else out there that gets this problem with the hospitality attendees? Does anyone know the rules about this hospitality shambles?

It think there are clear requirements for oppo fans in the 1901 areas, certainly no colours to be displayed, you should look in the T&Cs for members that they send out every season with ever diminishing perks of being ‘members’. The concourses with carpets are still Home stands and oppo fans are expected to respect that.

5.2 Whilst the Company accepts that some Guests may favour the away team, the Seats provided as part of the Hospitality Package are within the home supporters’ area in the Stadium and therefore Guests must respect their surroundings at all times.

5.3 The Company reserves the right to eject from the Stadium the Purchaser and/or any of its Guests that behave in a loud, disorderly, unruly or abusive manner or otherwise breach the Terms of Entry and shall not be required to pay any compensation to the Purchaser or any Guest as a result of any such ejection.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
It think there are clear requirements for oppo fans in the 1901 areas, certainly no colours to be displayed, you should look in the T&Cs for members that they send out every season with ever diminishing perks of being ‘members’. The concourses with carpets are still Home stands and oppo fans are expected to respect that.

5.2 Whilst the Company accepts that some Guests may favour the away team, the Seats provided as part of the Hospitality Package are within the home supporters’ area in the Stadium and therefore Guests must respect their surroundings at all times.

5.3 The Company reserves the right to eject from the Stadium the Purchaser and/or any of its Guests that behave in a loud, disorderly, unruly or abusive manner or otherwise breach the Terms of Entry and shall not be required to pay any compensation to the Purchaser or any Guest as a result of any such ejection.
Thanks SuperPhil. There were defo Arsenal scarfs but they disappeared after halftime... obviously someone put their foot down. I'll do my utmost to keep my big gob shut in future but it is so tough.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I’m sure. But the person I know was NOT touting. He asked for less than face value.

As it happens, it wasn’t the match being moved for TV that caused his issue, but work. Why should he have to bin the tickets rather than find someone to use them?

He still asked for money.

el punal

It is illegal (by law, not just "in the eyes of the club"), even to pass on a ticket to a friend and for free. So you need to use commonsense.,,

Really? I have two season tickets (or rather one for me and one for my wife). They are paid for by direct debit from my bank account. My wife chooses not to go and her ticket is then given to a friend to accompany me to games. Where is the illegal bit in that, bearing in mind no financial transaction has taken place?

el punal

Felt like I was in the Arsenal home end on Sunday, fella to the right of me and two old geezers behind openly celebrating the Arsenal goals. Shocking. Anyone who gives their ticket to an opposition team fan rather than one of the thousands of Brighton fans on the waiting list need to take a long hard look at themselves.

Did I miss something on Sunday? I thought Arsenal only scored once. :drink:

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
NO SHOW SCENARIO! Can I just throw exiles into the mix. Say a family of 5 have bought tickets for the match this Saturday but one of them was taken ill the night before and decided they weren't up to a 9 hour round trip. That night they post on NSC that they have a spare ticket if anyone living locally (in Brighton or Liverpool) wants to meet them. They meet at the ground and give the stranger a ticket. Stranger offers them £30, they say it's ok we'd rather someone else use it than it go to waste. Stranger insists and gives them £30 or says let me buy you all a drink.
Is any of this not allowed by BHA? If so why? Surely a sensible NO SHOW system should be in place for away games where a ticket is otherwise going to go to waste as there wouldn't be time to sell it back to the club and then resell and post it out on the website.

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Really? I have two season tickets (or rather one for me and one for my wife). They are paid for by direct debit from my bank account. My wife chooses not to go and her ticket is then given to a friend to accompany me to games. Where is the illegal bit in that, bearing in mind no financial transaction has taken place?

Yes, really. Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994.

If you've transferred ownership of the ticket (for money or not), without the permission of the club, you're breaking the law.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I had an Arsenal fan sat behind me WSL, spent the game slagging off our players, telling the arsenal players where they were going wrong, and slamming the referee for every decision against them. I turned round a did my old man that I didn't appreciate him so blatantly supporting his team and if he was going to sit in our end to keep his gob shut. He didn't heed the warnings and just carried on. There was no steward nearby to alert to pull him out and the game was so enthralling, I wasn't going to move. When we scored our offside third, I and a number of other fellow Albion fans, turned round and flicked a few V's in his face and told him where to go, luckily that didn't come back to haunt us. By this time he was clearly getting riled like we were because when schelotto was poleaxed he start us in front to sit down! I turned round to his mate at one point (Brighton fan) and told him he had a responsibility if he got him the ticket, to make sure he behaved. He then accused me of not acting appropriately in front of my daughter who was with me. Anyway they left with a couple of minutes left to a load of abuse.

Now here's my dilemma, should I report the seat numbers of both of them to the club?

Another way of reporting something like that during the game, without having to stand up and fetch a steward to do so, is text The Amex Stadium Control Room during a match - 07880 196442.

It's advertised in the programme - "Text details of the location affected, description and the nature of the issue to: 07880 196442."

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

It is illegal, but the club turn a blind eye to friends/family being given tickets free of charge.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I’m sure. But the person I know was NOT touting. He asked for less than face value.

Selling for less than face value it still touting. Passing on a a ticket for free (without the club's knowledge) is still illegal. If you're doing it in public/on social, you're asking for trouble imo.

Don't get me wrong, I have sympathy - the club should enable an official sell/buy system.

Then again, they have ~5000 fresh tickets to sell each home match...

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Another way of reporting something like that during the game, without having to stand up and fetch a steward to do so, is text The Amex Stadium Control Room during a match - 07880 196442.

It's advertised in the programme - "Text details of the location affected, description and the nature of the issue to: 07880 196442."
This is a good shout. If you sit in an area that seems to be affected by the occasional "issue" then it might be worth putting this number into your phone.

I would do. In the old days these chancers, heavily outnumbered by people willing to sort them out, wouldn't have been tolerated but that sort of collective action isn't a realistic option now. Next best option is to get them officially dealt with.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I’ve sat with home fans at Watford, Swansea and Man Utd but we kept our mouths shut and sat on our hands

Yes, proof that we did use to sell out Withdean despite some idiots saying we couldn't even sell 5K tickets. I remember that clearly. Shirts on statues etc

Not being naive here, but do ST have photo ID on them.
If not, then why not, surely this would stop all abuse of ST, rendering people don't get in the poo.
I guess I may get flack for this, but :shrug:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I really don't understand why there is not an option on the ticketing system to transfer your season ticket to another person in same way if I buy 3 cup tickets on behalf of people I can assign them. That keeps everything legal and would allow the club to keep track of transfers. It would also help those people who might worry about doing this. Most people who do allow others to use their ticket probably give it to same person a couple of times a season. Clearly if someone was doing this regularly the club might question it.

There were still a lot of empty seats on Sunday, I would guess 1000 or more and it would be interesting to understand why these were not transferred/sold on IF we have 5k people waiting for season tickets.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Thanks for that ... I couldn't see the Q&A bit in the T&C's link. If you have the link where the Q&A was that would be appreciated ...... not that I would ever expect the club to deny making the statement ???

The official T&Cs prohibit this, but I've seen at least two things from PB that say that they know it happens and turn a blind eye to it. I'd need to churn through his pronouncements on the club's website to find one of them, and I don't have time to do that atm, I'm afraid - but they do exist.

Understood, was on the off chance you had it. I understood the same but having a reference source would be preferred for obvious reasons

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The club need to have some sort of method whereby I can say "unable to attend X, this person <Name> is attending in my place" and charge me a fee or whatever to enable it. I don't mind slinging a fiver in the clubs direction if A) I can't make the odd game and B) it means someone else does and C) it's someone I know and trust and D) it means there isn't just an empty seat.

I know there's the ticket exchange but that violates C up there for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here