Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Off-peak Day Return to London

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Buyer Beware. Taking any train out of the Farringdon/St Pancras/London Bridge at the moments carries great risk of delay or cancellation.

Many Like me are simply bypassing at the moment and using Victoria regardless. Means the trains are rammed but at least you have a 80-90% of them actually departing.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I use travelcards with a Network card a lot to see Fulham and my mum. Its worth noting they if you are travelling with an accompanying child (or two) you can get £2 child fare but only from a ticket office not online or from a machine . If you try to add a child when buying online it comes up with 50% of the adult price. Also, if you are travelling up one day and back the next and using the tube its cheaper to buy 2 travelcards before you go than 2 singles.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Bought a Travelcard last week for, I think, £26.

Can't travel before 0930 (there is a direct to Victoria at 0935) and can't travel back between 1615 and 1915.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
buying a train ticket shouldn't be this difficult.

buying a ticket is simple. the trouble comes when we try to get the cheapest possible on offer. of course some would say they should all be cheap, but wheres the fun in that?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Worthing to East Croydon is coming in at £20 so don't think I could do the other legs for any cheaper

Use your contactless debit/credit card for those journeys to/from Croydon

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Use your contactless debit/credit card for those journeys to/from Croydon

£3.40 each way though, so still more expensive than the £24 and actually my journey back would be Farringdon - Haywards Heath so no opportunity to tap out at Croydon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here