Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Russia at it again ? Litvenenko #2 ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bit of a drama that isn't it ?
Always have to bring other countries into it because we're a weak minded nation that can't stand on its own two feet anymore.

Well, we could just announce we ain't going to the WC, and I would support that as the second option. But the first option (get some other nations on side) is preferable. If we go it alone and stay at home, and everyone else turns up, it would be rightous, but my guess is the whole world would laugh....at us.

We sent an Olympic team to Hitler's Germany......right, wrong?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Backed someone who has been proved to use chemical weapons against his own people?
I'm guessing you're having a laugh here

Do you actually know the mess we have left Iraq in after Saddam was removed ?

Do you actually know the ongoing mess we left Libya in after Gaddafi was removed ?

Do you want to destabilized Syria for years to come ?

You have no idea.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Italy arn't going anyway.... ( unless they jump into our spot ) ...

Yes, you're right. And... so my argument was all wrong. Let's go to Russia! Hooray for Putin!

:facepalm:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Do you actually know the mess we have left Iraq in after Saddam was removed ?

Do you actually know the ongoing mess we left Libya in after Gaddafi was removed ?

Do you want to destabilized Syria for years to come ?

You have no idea.

Yes

Yes

No

I do, do you?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Assuming that May will not direct the FA to not engage with the WC.....what about a petition.....'footbal lads' style 'movement', but more all-inclusive?

I wonder what proportion of English 'football fans' would support that? If a majority it would be worth doing.

Over to the International Travelling England Fans on NSC for comment......

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Bit of a drama that isn't it ?
Always have to bring other countries into it because we're a weak minded nation that can't stand on its own two feet anymore.

Russia ( Putin ) really won't worry what we do on our own, it's only by uniting large groups of nations will he take any sort of notice.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Well, we could just announce we ain't going to the WC, and I would support that as the second option. But the first option (get some other nations on side) is preferable. If we go it alone and stay at home, and everyone else turns up, it would be rightous, but my guess is the whole world would laugh....at us.

We sent an Olympic team to Hitler's Germany......right, wrong?
We certainly should not boycott the World Cup :lolol:
Maybe we could send our one aircraft carrier over to show our might :lolol:
On a serious note we're way to liberal and gutless now to do anything and obviously we will run to the European Union although when it comes to power they have fack all just like us.

We will restrict the monetary side of things naturally as that's the only thing we and the EU are capable of???

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Have nothing more to do with them. Blank them, ignore them, do no business whatsoever with them, don't turn up to their World Cup party - treat them like they are nothing to us, treat them like they don't exist.

You mean like the Tories not accepting £800k of donations from them and taking money from them to have lunch with the Defence Minister ???

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It strikes me that it is some sort of perverse game they're playing over at the Lubijanka. They don't go in for the old bullet in the bonce scenario. With the Reds its death by poisoned umbrella, depleted uranium, polonium tea and nerve gas. It's like a whacky game of creative murder. What next? Radon tipped mosquito bites or sarin biscuits introduced anally?

There's definitely a pattern of bizarre assassinations happening in the UK.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We certainly should not boycott the World Cup :lolol:

Crikey. Not only do you think we should let Putin get away with it, but you also think this is funny? You need to gve your head a massive wobble. :facepalm:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It's not that I like the idea of the Russians murdering their traitorous (to them) ex-spies in this country, because I don't. Especially in a way that poses a potential risk to others. But I'd sooner we weren't racing enthusiastically into a new Cold War off the back of it. Which I felt May was starting to sound a bit like today. Maybe she wants some "strong leadership" points.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Agent COB's representative on NSC is hard at work I see. Foreign power uses weapons-grade nerve agent in an English city... two people critically ill, a policeman in hospital, soldiers in chemical warfare gear on UK streets , rising tensions with Russia = a good chance to score some political points. :rolleyes:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Would that be the same amount of clout as we had in 2006 when Litvinenko was murdered using radiation in London?

Well I think the weak response to the Litvinenko poisoning has basically given Putin the green light to carry out more hits. At least in the Litvinenko case they went to some trouble to cover it up, polonium was a substance carefully chosen for its ability to be hard to detect in a person who has ingested it. In this instance it looks like they have been wafting around a nerve agent in salisbury town centre. They basically couldn't give a shit what we think.

Definitely time for us to take a stance and do something or where is it going to end.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Why would Russia use a nerve agent in the first place, as opposed to more traditional methods, such as a knife in the back? Surely it's only to highlight the fact that they are doing it in the first place?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here