Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Russia at it again ? Litvenenko #2 ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Don't believe everything you hear in UK media, you sound like a daily mail reader whose gunning for a war with Russia, UK is not as clean and pure as you think it is when it comes to Russia.

I’m not, but even if I was, at best you sound pig ignorant on this subject matter.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No-one has said that. Stop exaggerating and repeating the same thing

I’m just not ok with state sponsored assassinations takimg place in the UK that are particularly cruel and a danger to the wider public. No exaggeration here. Perhaps some denial / worryingly lack of concern from many across the UK but then we live in a multi cultural society these days and furthermore others were still playing cricket as the first troops arrived back from Dunkirk.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This statement seems to be in conflict with the rest of your post!!!

Not at all...I don't know one way or another, as everyone on here doesn't, but it does seem odd that it has gone very quiet after all the sabre rattling that went on.

It's not a conspiracy theory, just curiosity

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
But it’s the best ever World Cup, can’t we just forgive them, Russia are our friends, they’re just so lovely and want selfies with us, our (free) media and (democratic) government are the real villains for being nasty to dear Mr Putin, we’ve got it all wrong, as a tourist visiting St Petersburg I know all there is to know about the geopolitics...

Wake up Britain. This is another reminder of a deeply disturbing attack on our sovereignty by the Russian state. Whether intended this time or not.

if you believe what you are told by the media yes .

Besides ,in relation to this ..... if someone betrays the KGB or whatever then why cant Russia take actions against whoever , regardless of the country. Live by the sword , die by the sword.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Besides ,in relation to this ..... if someone betrays the KGB or whatever then why cant Russia take actions against whoever , regardless of the country. Live by the sword , die by the sword.

Interested to know where your info comes from? It’s such a boresome argument dismissing everything in the media as untrue. Not to mention more than a bit stupid. And doesn’t exactly lend credit to an opinion. Quite the opposite. Still it seems to work for Trump, he just labels anything he doesn’t like as fake news and Americans in their millions are happy to go along with. Especially the dumbest.

Regardless, comrade, sounds like you’d fit right into a totalitarian regime like Russia with those views, safe in the knowledge that if you ever changed them, you’d likely ‘disappear’

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

Because its not OK to be wafting around a banned nerve agent in a sleepy market town and injuring, as well as the targets, a police officer and 2 randoms :ffsparr:

The act was clearly designed to make a statement and/ or prompt a response.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Just a bit of advice, put the Daily Mail down and you might progress in life.

Bit presumptuous! I mean the bit about heeding advice from you. As if....!!! :lolol::flypig:

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Equipped as I am with the Internet, and a timeline on Twitter that's full of totally woke MAGAts, I now can reveal the truth.

The so-called 'novichok' isn't Russian, it's British, straight out of Porson Downs. No connection with Russia.
This episode was actually planned by UK and other deep state actors in the Five Eyes community, to blacken the Russians before Trump's triumphant visit with Putin.
It will have the side effect of causing Trump's ground-breaking US visit to be called off given fears of his safety.
His rapturous reception by the British people must be forestalled before it appears in media all over the world.
It's all a vain attempt to keep Trump from recasting the post-war order in Europe, and causing a new dawn of peace and friendship with Russia.
It's all of a piece with deep state actors now causing Trump's path-breaking peace promotion with North Korea to fail.

The truth is out there, people....

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
having read a bit about this there are some problems in having Russia as the sole actor in this, other countries have these chemical agents (US and Israel for example).

The part I find most interesting is that in order to weaponise it you need to mix the ingredients, it would be very difficult and extremely dangerous to smuggle the complete agent in. Far easier and safer to bring in the ingredients but then you need to mix them and this requires very high levels of skill and technical equipment.

This morning the MP for Salisbury alluded to the victim as having a dependency issue, he mentioned how she was known to search through bins. Presumably this is how she might have come into contact with the agen?. There's a good article about it (including an interview with a Russian who helped develop it) on the evolve politics website (google 'evolve politics' and novichok').

There is a lot which isn't known and these gaps in information are what nourish conspiracy theories. As ever they all get grouped together, which doesn't help things. These are many people with many theories, some highly outlandish and others not as much.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here