Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Kane,Glenn Murray and England W/Cup.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Only at u20 level and only in friendly. I don't know for sure but can't he switch if he's not played at full level and not played in a competitive fixture?

He definitely could, and despite the opinions of his detractors on here, it wouldn’t be that far fetched. However, Austria have finally remembered him - their manager came to watch him at Burnley’s game last week.

Amazing they’ve ignored him so long. Arnautovic is a good player, but they have to play him with Andreas Weimann

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Can you imagine WC final vs Brazil, 0-0 with 2 minutes to go.

Murray put through on the break just past the half way line with a 7 yard jump on the last defender, ...........just the keeper to beat....

.......but just before he reaches the box he has to turn around and pass it back cause he knows he'll get chased down before he can even shoot. :facepalm:

Haha this made me laugh :lolol:

But I agree with those, yes Glen has put up great numbers for us, but I want to see us giving youth a chance not picking older players. There are load of great youngsters we have to chose from surely? We won the U20 World Cup, U19 Euros, U17 World Cup in 2017.

Lewis Dunk on the other hand I would love to see get a call up.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
He definitely could, and despite the opinions of his detractors on here, it wouldn’t be that far fetched. However, Austria have finally remembered him - their manager came to watch him at Burnley’s game last week.

Amazing they’ve ignored him so long. Arnautovic is a good player, but they have to play him with Andreas Weimann

He must be in with a shout for England - I'd have him ahead of Murray. He's got one thing that the other strikers haven't - his sheer bloody mindedness.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Abraham - last league goal October 14th

Solanke - no league goals

Welbeck - 19 December last league goal

Sturridge - 28 October last league goal

Rashford - 10 December

Don’t think we have to worry about any of them. If Carroll is fit, he will be Kane’s back up.

If picked on form:

Kane, vardy, Wilson, Murray

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lingard?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
He must be in with a shout for England - I'd have him ahead of Murray. He's got one thing that the other strikers haven't - his sheer bloody mindedness.

Given the nature of refereeing in international football, I genuinely think that every challenge Barnes made would be given as a foul.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As valuable as Murray is to us, if England pick a 34 year old player who has no pace and relies on perfect service (as Gross supplies) then the national team is in serious trouble.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
On a logical level It's not completely implausible, but I'm not sure Palace Gareth, deals in logic. It begs the question, what's the plan if Kane gets injured? There's nobody else who can remotely play the target man role, so it would mean a complete change of tactics. Rashford maybe could sort of do it, Vardy is very different, it would be like us having Baldock on instead of Murray.

On that basis, having someone who is a similar style player, (and banging them in) in the squad would tempt me.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As valuable as Murray is to us, if England pick a 34 year old player who has no pace and relies on perfect service (as Gross supplies) then the national team is in serious trouble.

The more damning part of that is that Gross, despite being in the top 5 for assists in the PL (and for chances created) wouldn't get anywhere near the German squad even if the top four midfielders broke their legs: if he were English, he'd be in with a shout.

That shows the gap between England and Germany

Were loose

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Another reason to pick Muzza is it sends the message that if you want to go to the World Cup, you have to be fit, good enough to start regularly for your club side, and on form.

I bet Southgate picks at least 6, you couldn't say that about

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So which 5 are ahead of him?

Only at u20 level and only in friendly. I don't know for sure but can't he switch if he's not played at full level and not played in a competitive fixture?
Yes, I'm pretty sure you can - and he would be one of (more than) five ahead of Murray. Apart from anything else, age is against Murray, and pace. Sorry, blue and white tinted spectacle wearers.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Yes, I'm pretty sure you can - and he would be one of (more than) five ahead of Murray. Apart from anything else, age is against Murray, and pace. Sorry, blue and white tinted spectacle wearers.

Ok. Which 5 are ahead of Murray then? Genuinely curious whether ive missed someone

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ok. Which 5 are ahead of Murray then? Genuinely curious whether ive missed someone
Oh ffs, Kane and Vardy, and any three from Sturridge, Wellbeck, Rashford, Carroll and Barnes. And probably Lingard too. You may not like it but they are all ahead of Murray in the pecking order, and because of his age Murray won't be changing that any time now.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Sturridge is injured AGAIN and might not play again for a month, Andy Carroll is injured and out on the piss, Murray is more prolific than Barnes, Rashford isn't starting and isn't a number 9, Wellbeck has about three goals this season and in injury prone.

Lingard goes as a midfielder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here