Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Harry Kane,Glenn Murray and England W/Cup.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Rashford doesn't start all the time, but he has played in 38 games for United this season (starting 20), including 25 of their 28 Premier League games, and all of their Champions League games, so to suggest he isn't playing for his club is unfair and also wrong.

Seeing as we are talking about strikers, how many goals does Rashford have in those 38 games (?)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I want Murray in the England squad but only if we can guarantee being 1-0 up with 10 minutes to go, in the World Cup semi final.

6 free-kicks later and we're off to the final.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Seeing as we are talking about strikers, how many goals does Rashford have in those 38 games (?)

11, so probably a similar goals per time record this season as Murray. Also, Mourinho often plays Rashford out wide. He's only 20 but he's quality and should be going to the WC.

The rest on your list I wouldn't take, especially Solanke who hasn't scored a single goal all season. Not sure why he was even called up in the first place.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'm biased. Yes. But the argument is starting to become a no brainer.

Let me clarify this first. I don't think Glenn Murray SHOULD be good enough to play for England. We should not be in that situation. When I first fell in love with football people like Ian Wright, Andy Cole, Robbie Fowler would MISS OUT because there were people ahead of them.

But when you look at the 2 facts, 1 He is FLYING and 2 We have NO ONE ELSE apart from Kane and Vardy as regular scorers, then I can't really see how you argue it.

I don't even think he would get on the pitch BUT if you are 1 down, bombarding the opposition and lobbing balls into the box....who BETTER to bring on at the moment?

Sturridge is injured. Walcott doesn't score. Rooney is retired. Carroll is injured. Abraham doesn't play. Solanke doesn't play.

Seriously, apart from Kane, Vardy and Rashford (he will go even if he doesn't play for United), what STRIKERS are ahead of him?

GET.HIM.ON.THAT.PLANE

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Kane, Rashford, Vardy. After that anyone could grab the fourth spot. I suspect Dunk and Muzza will be going nowhere though, they aren't in Slothgates clique.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
2 in friendlies ? Not sure we can count those fella

I wasn't counting them, but I made a mistake it's 10 for the season (excluding his England goal which I counted), not 11.

I'm not sure where you're going with this. You suggested Rashford doesn't play much for United. You're wrong about that.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Can you imagine WC final vs Brazil, 0-0 with 2 minutes to go.

Murray put through on the break just past the half way line with a 7 yard jump on the last defender, ...........just the keeper to beat....

.......but just before he reaches the box he has to turn around and pass it back cause he knows he'll get chased down before he can even shoot. :facepalm:

That was so funny when he did that.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Can you imagine WC final vs Brazil, 0-0 with 2 minutes to go.

Murray put through on the break just past the half way line with a 7 yard jump on the last defender, ...........just the keeper to beat....

.......but just before he reaches the box he has to turn around and pass it back cause he knows he'll get chased down before he can even shoot. :facepalm:

That,s Southgate for you !

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Why would we want Murray to go to the World cup. He needs the Summer to recuperate ready for next year which could probably be his last season.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I was saying Murray for England more in jest recently but the more I think about it , it makes sense.

If Kane gets injured we havent got another striker of similar build , who is physical enough. Sturridge , welbeck or Vardy couldn't do what Murray does. It won't happen but it really should

I want Kane and Murray up front from the start to give the other lot something to think about.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There's a lot of blue and white tinted spectacles around today, I'm afraid. Murray is a good striker, arguably under-rated, and is doing a great job for us - but England? No, sorry.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
At first I just laugh at the idea of Murray getting an England call up. Even as a big Murray fan, the idea still seems funny.

But then I think of Ricky Lambert and I realise that Jimmy Greaves was right all along.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here