Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How would YOU change the 25 man squad in the summer?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When all the unused are taken out of the current squad and replaced that will equate to considerably more business than last season, before even thinking about first team regulars.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
IF we stay up AND want to improve/progress then I would look at shifting the following

Out:

Kayal
Hemed
Baldock
Rosenior
Krul
Hunemeier
Maenpaa

In:

GK - foreign and challenger for #1 shirt
CM - someone playing in top division of a foreign league in the 20-26 age range wanting to challenge for a starting birth. Needs to be all rounder maybe just broken into national team starting XI
Full backs - new starting LB (if achieved then sell Suttner) and new younger RB
CF/ST - promote Bjordal* and bring in marquee signing [yes I know, same old same old]

*does he meet the home grown criteria? As he’s <24 doesn’t take up a space in the 25 BUT I’d like to see some of our talent actually incorporated into the first team squad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I am not so sure that the 'big clubs' are as impressed with him as much as many on here are and wonder if he would want a sideways move to a side like Everton, other than for the money he would earn.

At 25 or whatever he is, I wouldn't think twice about moving for more money. Potentially get a 4 or 5 year deal somewhere and get to 30 years old knowing that you will either get another nice contract to see you to 32/33 or move back to a lower wage somewhere else.

I don't think any Brighton fan would hold a grudge either if he played it sensibly, ie didn't submit a transfer request or get his agent to play silly buggers in the media.

Either way, clubs need to bid first and he is our asset so nothing can happen until someone has offered us a figure we simply can't refuse which....frankly...I have no idea what that would be in the current market.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
IF we stay up AND want to improve/progress then I would look at shifting the following

Out:

Kayal
Hemed
Baldock
Rosenior
Krul
Hunemeier
Maenpaa

In:

CM - someone playing in top division of a foreign league in the 20-26 age range wanting to challenge for a starting birth. Needs to be all rounder maybe just broken into national team starting XI
CF/ST - promote Bjordal* and bring in marquee signing [yes I know, same old same old]

*does he meet the home grown criteria? As he’s <24 doesn’t take up a space in the 25 BUT I’d like to see some of our talent actually incorporated into the first team squad.

You're losing Kayal but keeping Sidwell - Brave.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You're losing Kayal but keeping Sidwell - Brave.

He is out of contract and it would seem obvious that he will not be offered a new one,it would be a major surprise if he was.

Another one to add to Cox and Ince in my potential squad at Leyton Orient.[emoji38]ol:
Kayal is NOT out of contract.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Out:

Kayal
Hemed
Baldock
Rosenior
Krul
Hunemeier
Maenpaa

In:

With the outs, we should also part company with Sidwell and Skalak. I would retain Kayal with a new contract.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I am not so sure that the 'big clubs' are as impressed with him as much as many on here are and wonder if he would want a sideways move to a side like Everton, other than for the money he would earn.

Only a Brighton fan could see a move to Everton as a Sideways one.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The age cut off for being named in the 25 man squad is 21, next season players will need to have been born on or after January 1st 1997 to be considered an under 21 and not be named in the PL squad. Bjørdal qualifies as his birthday is Feb 4th 1997 so doesn’t need to be included in next years 25 man squad. However if he then progresses to the full 25 man squad the following season he doesn’t count as a HGP as he was almost 20 when he joined us meaning he wouldn’t be anywhere near the required 36 months registered prior to his 21st birthday.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I would be very surprised if we let Kayal go. We are already short in central midfield, having to rely on Gross playing deeper to fill in as fourth choice, so I would be very surprised if we let another one go (leaving us needing two in the summer).

Having said that, a week ago I assumed we'd let Bruno go in the summer so no guarantee I'll be right!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
That was in relation to the suggestion of keeping Sidwell but letting Kayal go. It is Sidwell who is OOC.
Indeed, and I suspect we will be spending a big chunk of the budget replacing Sidwell - who is not in the 25 man squad.

However, we currently have 4 Central Midfielders and 5 strikers in the 25.

I expect this to swap around in the summer, and the 25 to contain 5 CM and 4 strikers next season.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It is because that is where we are aspiring to be next season building on this season to be their equal next season.

Everton will always be a bigger club than us in reality.

However you judge being a big club... Everton will always be bigger than us.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Indeed, and I suspect we will be spending a big chunk of the budget replacing Sidwell - who is not in the 25 man squad.

However, we currently have 4 Central Midfielders and 5 strikers in the 25.

I expect this to swap around in the summer, and the 25 to contain 5 CM and 4 strikers next season.

I expect Stephens Propper Kayal and New signing as the 4 in CM plus Gross as the 5th choice if required.

I'm hoping Delaney from W Bremen as we have a known interest and he suits in my opinion the Premier League and Us quite well.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Thanks don’t know why I typed 24 when I meant 21 and good to get clarity on the whole rule.

Either way would like to see him take a more active role in the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here