Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Horton's halftime iceberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would like to see some U23 players promoted, I know we try to emulate the Southampton model so the big fees paid for younger players sees them progreess more. Bjordal, Hall and White as examples.
    Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
    I agree about Bjordal and would add Gykores but not so sure about White and Hall as to whether they can push Goldson and also reported White wants to leave for 1st team football.Not sure about Hall he is a slight doubt although he played in the SPL.but not sure how good and ready he is.
    All of Bjordal, Gyokeres, Hall and White will still be classified as U-21 players next season so even if Hughton saw them as members of his first-team squad, they wouldn't be named in the 25.

Of our existing development squad players, the following will no longer be classified as U-21s next season so if they are retained they would either have to be named in the 25 or go out on loan (or be limited to a diet of U-23s football and potentially the first-team cups):-

Soufyan Ahannach, Ben Barclay, Tom Dallison, Tyler Forbes, Des Hutchinson, Ales Mateju and Mathias Normann

• North Stand Chat

advertising

The Disowned Masses

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post
      All of Bjordal, Gyokeres, Hall and White will still be classified as U-21 players next season so even if Hughton saw them as members of his first-team squad, they wouldn't be named in the 25.

Of our existing development squad players, the following will no longer be classified as U-21s next season so if they are retained they would either have to be named in the 25 or go out on loan (or be limited to a diet of U-23s football and potentially the first-team cups):-

Soufyan Ahannach, Ben Barclay, Tom Dallison, Tyler Forbes, Des Hutchinson, Ales Mateju and Mathias Normann
      Interesting and informative. Thanks
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter

4 Not allowed!
      The key is to keep on improving the squad year on year. There will be players who we will be sorry to see leave such as Calderon in previous years and more recently lualua, who have all played their part in the resurgence of the club, but as a previous poster said there is no place for sentiment. I would be more concerned of players that we might lose due to obscene offers, Duffy Dunk Ryan Stephens Gross Izquierdo etc as they have all will have been noticed due to their consistent and excellent performances. The biggest concern is if a big six club came in for our recruitment team who have done an excellent job.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AZ Gull View Post

I must admit I hadnt considered any being U21.so not in the named 25 man squad.

0 Not allowed!
      These will leave:
      Dunk - £££
      Sidwell
      Uwe - £
      Rosenior
      Hemed - ££
      Maenpaa or Krul
      Towell

There are a few other in the squad who could use an upgrade (not mentioning any names) but focus will be on replacing those above.
      As suggested, Walton should be second-choice keeper.
      Desperately require who can fulfil the Stephens role to the same level.
      Molumby could be an option as fifth-choice CM, however his season has been rather curtailed by injury so he may not have improved enough as a result.
      Would like to see if we can get Thomas Delaney from Bremen.
      Is Mateju good enough to be third-choice RB? He's 21 so would take up a space.
      I'd like us to sign Leo permanently to replace Hemed. If not, then perhaps Sam Gallagher.
      Oliver Burke and Ben Brereton are obvious potential home-grown signings. As is Nick Powell.

Joe Gomez is another obvious choice.
      Rob Holding on loan.
      I'd also think seriously about bringing Tomori in permanently.

Top quality ball-playing CB required.
      Ashley Barnes Fan numero UNO http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...s_1974553c.jpg
      Every single second, someone starts a thread on Glenn Murray. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Baldseagull View Post
      If we lose Gross, would we be keener on keeping Baldock, and/or Hemed to play behind the main striker?
      Why would we lose him and who to?
      Ashley Barnes Fan numero UNO http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...s_1974553c.jpg
      Every single second, someone starts a thread on Glenn Murray. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Need to get a winger as good as Izquierdo to replace Knockeart
      The Disowned Masses

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tekanne View Post
      Need to get a winger as good as Izquierdo to replace Knockeart
      The way I see it is IF we can upgrade any position in the starting 11 then that in turn strengthens the bench. I wonder how much it would cost to replace Knockaert and whether he'd accept being semi permanently on the bench.
      Follow @kmoorman1968 on Twitter
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Papa Lazarou View Post
      The way I see it is IF we can upgrade any position in the starting 11 then that in turn strengthens the bench. I wonder how much it would cost to replace Knockaert and whether he'd accept being semi permanently on the bench.
      Judging by his reaction to being subbed on Sunday (which everyone seems to have brushed under the carpet..?), then I don't think he would. Not a huge loss. Will never have Izquierdo's movement, pace, finishing etc.

Replacing him won't be cheap, but you'd hope it's a position that the club have been looking at. Knockeart has been average all season
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
      Why would we lose him and who to?
      Can't you think of anyone in this division that might want him?
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.