Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Can we have a go at untangling the bizarre Wenger trousers analogy?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe that fan on Arsenal TV was right, That little gem of a statement makes as much sense as some of the shyte Mugabe came out with.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Seagulls following the trawler sounded wise, even if it was nonsense. this sounds load of nonsense, even if he might have wisdom behind it. he might be trying to say the squad isnt right mix, if you have the players available you can change them, if you dont you have to start looking for them. he is naked because the squad doesnt have the players or they are suited to different games. which as manager for so long is his own fault.

i've probably over thought this.

It wasn't. My bemusement at that one was how people didn't seem to understand what Cantona was saying.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He is the trousers. Arsenal is the 'you'.

They can get rid of him, but then arsenal will be vulnerable and exposed to the elements. But if they put some more clothes on, then the trousers can come off and they will be better placed to face the elements.

Essentially, he is suggesting if they get rid of him now, Arsenal will collapse. If they let him put them back on the right track, then he can go and Arsenal will continue to improve with the new guy.

Just to clarify how many clothes do you need to put on to bring you to a place where you can safely take your trousers off ?

I'd imagine a LONG COAT is probably a pre-requisite.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here