Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How can fans still be moaning?

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I sit in East Upper E3C and there is a man at the back who continually moans about the team, Hughton and Stephens.

Even yesterday when we were 2-1 up he was moaning at the Kayal substitution saying it was wrong, Stephens was cr*p and should go off (the same Stephens that got praise on MOTD2 from Shearer). The team should push forward etc.

FFS we were 2-1 up against a top 6 side. What does he want?

Yes I know he is entitled to an opinion why why subject everyone else to it? It is really ruining the game for those sitting around him.

If you are on here, if you don't enjoy supporting the Albion, don't turn up. You moan for most of the game.

And before you ask, yes I did tell him to shut up and get behind the team but he ignored me.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

These are the same fans who shout "get rid of it" as soon as a player delays hoofing the ball up the pitch from a defensive area, and the very next time someone does that they shout " Keep hold of the ball - don't 'effin just give it away". I try to reconcile this by assuming they are just passionate and letting their emotions get on top of them, or have possibly not actually played the game very much.
Mind you I was roaring at Izzy when he looked to score a 3rd right at the end, the ball ending up with Cech, instead of running for the corner!!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh for the days of terraces, when you could move away from whingers and foul-mouthed prats. The biggest drawback of seats for me.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
There's a fat grandad and his family who sit behind me in the East Stand. I've had to put up with them for two seasons.

Constantly moaning and shouting total effluence. Stephens is useless, Knocky should go, what's the point in Solly March, Murray is old and slow (yep but it hasn't stopped him SCORING) etc etc coupled with totally shite analysis of what is actually happening on the pitch.

On a number of occasions I've had to tell him to shut the **** up. He does and then about a month later he begins to boil up again, like some sort of over opinionated, bilious pan of rotting flesh.

Yesterday when AK lost the ball he referred to him as a "stupid little frog", obviously I turned and said "You what?" and then he shut up again.

I hate him.

Why on earth do people like that even bother?

In fact pretty much the same level of whinging and self obsession could be attained if he just hit himself in the face with a hammer. At least that way we would all be happy.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Let's play 'Guess who sits behind Worthing exile'.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I sit in East Upper E3C and there is a man at the back who continually moans about the team, Hughton and Stephens.

Even yesterday when we were 2-1 up he was moaning at the Kayal substitution saying it was wrong, Stephens was cr*p and should go off (the same Stephens that got praise on MOTD2 from Shearer). The team should push forward etc.

Yes I know he is entitled to an opinion why why subject everyone else to it? It is really ruining the game for those sitting around him.

If you are on here, if you don't enjoy supporting the Albion, don't turn up. You moan for most of the game.

And before you ask, yes I did tell him to shut up and get behind the team but he ignored me.

We used to sit near people in WSU who couldn't stand David Lopez and Liam Bridcutt, it seemed personal beyond their lack of football knowledge. Everyone round our way loved it when the mouthiest got a long ban for xenophobic abuse of Lopez. ".... Spic c*nt ...." an example, against a player of the team he "supported".

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
To be fair, I was not wanting Kayal on either as I thought that by this time Murray was not far from a complete waste of time, so I would have swapped him with Ulloa and kept Gross on. It may have worked but we will never know. Kayal did do a like for like swap with Gross, my worry was that he would go too defensive, which he didn't.

Fortunately, Chris' way worked, so no harm done and we are all happy.

And no, I am not in ESU.[emoji6]

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
The kid next to me HATES Stephens - Keeps referring to him as "League One standard", the guy behind me (to the right) constantly berates Bong for literally anything he does, and the guys behind me (to the left) refuse to acknowledge anything is a foul now because it wasn't a foul in the 70's. I disagree with them, but they genuinely care about the football.

That said, the gents in front of me are great company.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
To be fair, I was not wanting Kayal on either as I thought that by this time Murray was not far from a complete waste of time, so I would have swapped him with Ulloa and kept Gross on. It may have worked but we will never know. Kayal did do a like for like swap with Gross, my worry was that he would go too defensive, which he didn't.

Fortunately, Chris' way worked, so no harm done and we are all happy.

And no, I am not in ESU.[emoji6]

I was thinking the same - Locadia for Murray though who had run himself into the ground as well. The tackle from Kayal just before the end summed up why CH is a manager and I’m not. Not sure it was ‘fortunate’ [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There's a fat grandad and his family who sit behind me in the East Stand. I've had to put up with them for two seasons.

Constantly moaning and shouting total effluence. Stephens is useless, Knocky should go, what's the point in Solly March, Murray is old and slow (yep but it hasn't stopped him SCORING) etc etc coupled with totally shite analysis of what is actually happening on the pitch.

On a number of occasions I've had to tell him to shut the **** up. He does and then about a month later he begins to boil up again, like some sort of over opinionated, bilious pan of rotting flesh.

Yesterday when AK lost the ball he referred to him as a "stupid little frog", obviously I turned and said "You what?" and then he shut up again.

I hate him.

Why on earth do people like that even bother?

In fact pretty much the same level of whinging and self obsession could be attained if he just hit himself in the face with a hammer. At least that way we would all be happy.
Fair play. You had the balls to say something instead of grassing

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We had some "HOLD ME BACK. HOLD ME BACK" in WSU after the game between two fans.

You know, the game that we just won

:lolol:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
We had some "HOLD ME BACK. HOLD ME BACK" in WSU after the game between two fans.

You know, the game that we just won

:lolol:

As ive mentioned elsewhere. People in east lower took polite umbrage to a family of negativity and it ended up looking like eastenders with hysyerical screaming and pushing from one woman and her highly strung daughter.

All because people didnt seem happy that havung slagged off bong for weeks they turned on murray after 3 mins yesterday.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The kid next to me HATES Stephens - Keeps referring to him as "League One standard", the guy behind me (to the right) constantly berates Bong for literally anything he does, and the guys behind me (to the left) refuse to acknowledge anything is a foul now because it wasn't a foul in the 70's. I disagree with them, but they genuinely care about the football.

Good point, well made. Football provides a unique outlet for anyone to let off steam. However gormless their steam-letting-off. Long may it remain so!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

YES.

There are a group in E3E who yesterday sounded like they were having the worst time ever at a football match. None of the players were doing what was required, Hughton's substitutions didn't make sense, the midfield was Championship quality and - the old classic - we were 'sitting back' too much.

It would have wound me up had I not been thoroughly enjoying myself (and a very good performance)

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
When I used to sit in E1D, the people in the row behind used to constantly moan for 90 minutes every single match. Thankfully I moved to the North Stand a few seasons ago but I have no doubt they are probably still whinging relentlessly despite our recent success.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
C block WSL. Jesus.

A row of accountants behind me (every one of them)
Opinionated ******** both sides of me (one of them deaf) and a guy who needs the bogs four times a half
Some total tools in front who keep standing up (one has HUGE hands, can't see a damn thing) and by them a nervous nelly who keeps shouting "oh no"
A few rows further down a guy who gets upset when the odd sweet wrapper may or may not have been aimed at his hat.

I'm the only sane one in the whole block.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Mostly fear. The horrifying idea that, while we may be winning now, may be displaying defensive discipline now, may be restricting them to soft efforts that aren't putting us under too much pressure now, it could all change in a single moment. A silly mistake, a moment of great flair - It could all change and that is scary to some.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
As ive mentioned elsewhere. People in east lower took polite umbrage to a family of negativity and it ended up looking like eastenders with hysyerical screaming and pushing from one woman and her highly strung daughter.

All because people didnt seem happy that havung slagged off bong for weeks they turned on murray after 3 mins yesterday.

I sit a few seats away from this and I think both parties didn't exactly cover themselves with Glory, the Lady who you say took polite umbrage, launched herself over a row of seats and was shouting in the face of the hysterical daughter, threatening her, I can't remember the exact words she used but it was a definite threat. Said hysterical daughter and mother were shouting back but it all died down pretty quick. Steward had a word with all involved and it all calmed down without further incident.

Made for a few minutes of half time entertainment and like you say was like an episode of eastenders.

In general though I think people need to accept that not everyone has the same view or opinion of a game and not pay attention to what others say. Life to short to get annoyed by other people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here