Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How can fans still be moaning?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The kid next to me HATES Stephens - Keeps referring to him as "League One standard",

I wonder if he's the NSCer who thought Barnes wasn't League One standard.

Anyone who slags off Stephens this season knows nothing about football ...

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I sit a few seats away from this and I think both parties didn't exactly cover themselves with Glory, the Lady who you say took polite umbrage, launched herself over a row of seats and was shouting in the face of the hysterical daughter, threatening her, I can't remember the exact words she used but it was a definite threat. Said hysterical daughter and mother were shouting back but it all died down pretty quick. Steward had a word with all involved and it all calmed down without further incident.

Made for a few minutes of half time entertainment and like you say was like an episode of eastenders.

In general though I think people need to accept that not everyone has the same view or opinion of a game and not pay attention to what others say. Life to short to get annoyed by other people.
Time of their months?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
E1B – didn't hear a negative word said... other than for Attwell not producing a red card, so I apologise for depositing my spleen some 10 rows in front of me, but I had to get angry about something for what was a thoroughly enjoyable day at the football, and much smiling, hugging and general feelgoodiness around. Hate getting a hangover by 5pm though mind...

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Good point, well made. Football provides a unique outlet for anyone to let off steam. However gormless their steam-letting-off. Long may it remain so!

Whilst I agree with this (it's half the reason I go, after all!) I am very careful to let my steam off at either the referee or, failing that, opposition players. If anyone things abusing our own players is going to make them play better they might be in for a surprise!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Moaners gonna moan.

theboybilly

It shows how much I know when, after about 75 minutes, I thought Glenn should make way for Ulloa so that Leo could hold the ball up to ease the pressure on our defence and midfield. The same Glenn that in injury time won a 50/50 right in front of me completely taking out of the equation 2 Arsenal midfielders in one movement. The same Glenn that drew the foul in the last seconds to see the game out. What a player

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The people behind me constantly moan about Stephens and believe he is a weak link all the time. The way I look at it is they are wrong.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
It shows how much I know when, after about 75 minutes, I thought Glenn should make way for Ulloa so that Leo could hold the ball up to ease the pressure on our defence and midfield. The same Glenn that in injury time won a 50/50 right in front of me completely taking out of the equation 2 Arsenal midfielders in one movement. The same Glenn that drew the foul in the last seconds to see the game out. What a player

I think that would have happened if it wasnt for having to bring Bruno on.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Everyone is entitled to voice their views but, at a fixture that saw us record one of our best ever home victories, it’s sad to hear all this negative stuff going on during the game. Perhaps all the moaners should all be corralled into one part of the ground, with the half and half scarf wearers and those who want to hold up a sign for an opposing player’s shirt.

Surport Local Team

Jan 5, 2011
If u can't get happiness /pleasure from watching Brighton at the moment, then football is not for u, and I would suggest getting a new hobby that u do get pleasure from!

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
We're in row Z, N1G, and everyone else around is great, plenty of singing and very little moaning.
In the first few seasons at The Amex, we were one block along and there was a small group of blokes that continually berated the team, to the extent that I wondered if they were actually Albion supporters. There were occasional contretemps, but I respected them because they had paid their money, although I really did wonder what they were doing there sometimes.
People let off steam in a lot of different ways I suppose.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I remember some seasons ago I was stood next to someone who spent the majority of the game abusing one of our players because he wasn't quick enough, as if that was somehow his choice. I eventually snapped and told him to shut the f*ck up or f*ck off to the home end if he wanted to hurl abuse at our own players. I couldn't believe I said it as that's not like me but judging by the reactions around me, I wasn't the only thinking it.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I was thinking the same - Locadia for Murray though who had run himself into the ground as well. The tackle from Kayal just before the end summed up why CH is a manager and I’m not. Not sure it was ‘fortunate’ [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Yeah, but if Schelotto had not have been taken out, Murray would definitely have gone off. :)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
If u can't get happiness /pleasure from watching Brighton at the moment, then football is not for u, and I would suggest getting a new hobby that u do get pleasure from!

Some people get pleasure from moaning and complaining. That IS their hobby. I'll never understand it but that's just how they are.

I guess most of those who do this at the football are repressed in "real life" and don't have the confidence to speak out about things that they don't like. The sort of office bellcheese type who slags everyone else off behind their backs but never has the balls to say it to their face.

So given a basically anonymous opportunity to mouth off in public and to a large audience it's like Christmas Day to them.

That or they're just *****.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Football would be bloody boring without such opposing points of view though wouldn’t it?

I’m naturally pessimistic so thought the Kayal sub was wrong to and it didn’t cost us therefore I’m the effing eedjut for thinking that and we’re all glad I’m not the manager and CH is but boy would it be dull if we all agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here