Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glen Murray..........what are you taking?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Glenn Murray has been a revelation this season. Last season I witnessed his performance against Bristol City and thought he was not good enough for the Premier League, too slow, not bothered and should have been a squad player at best. I have never seen such a transformation from that game, how Glen has the energy at his age is beyond belief.
Glenn Murray I think I love you x

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You can't judge anyone on that game - they were all still half pissed! If we'd needed to win it, we would have done.

He has upped his game and effort a bit since we signed Locky & Leo though - despite someone on here insisting he hasn't last week :whistle:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He has upped his game and effort a bit since we signed Locky & Leo though - despite someone on here insisting he hasn't last week :whistle:

I was thinking about this, has he upped his game? Or has our full back - winger combinations and Gross just started threatening sides a lot more and providing far more clear cut chances?

My feeling is he hasn't upped his game at all, that he has been playing well, giving 100% all season, just that we are now threatening and creating a lot more, I think this was backed up by the stats showing chances created in 2018 compared to 2017. I don't know, I've seen a few people suggest it's since Leo and Locadia turned up, I think its more since Izqueirdo and Knockeart joined the party to be honest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was thinking about this, has he upped his game? Or has our full back - winger combinations and Gross just started threatening sides a lot more and providing far more clear cut chances?

My feeling is he hasn't upped his game at all, that he has been playing well, giving 100% all season, just that we are now threatening and creating a lot more, I think this was backed up by the stats showing chances created in 2018 compared to 2017. I don't know, I've seen a few people suggest it's since Leo and Locadia turned up, I think its more since Izqueirdo and Knockeart joined the party to be honest.

I think you comments are fair enough - perhaps a mixture of things. Was more someone who rudely objected to an innocent comment last week I was referring to - Can't remember who Trig I don't take much notice :lol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Think Izquierdo fully bedding in and showing his quality consistently is really opening things up and helping Muzza and Gross.

Those 3 together are good enough take apart most of the bottom half of the division.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Glenn is the epitome of what happens to a decent player when you add the element of competition. Bringing in Locadia and Ulloa (two PL-quality forwards in their own right, with no disrespect to Tomer Hemed) has seen him realise he's had to up his game, and upped it he has.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I think it's mainly down to someone else. As Glenn himself said in a Sky interview after the game yesterday. When he was aked what he put his goalscoring feats down to, he replied . . . Pascal Gross.

I have to admit, that was a wonderful cross from Gross that led to his goal yesterday..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It is remarkable how Glenn has gone on this run. His chance conversion rate is excellent, and his nous in the penalty area is second to none.

I believe you can make a very good case for his inclusion in England's World Cup squad. Someone will have to come on for Harry Kane and there aren't too many better at heading the ball, winning free kicks and harassing defenders.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Glenn is the epitome of what happens to a decent player when you add the element of competition. Bringing in Locadia and Ulloa (two PL-quality forwards in their own right, with no disrespect to Tomer Hemed) has seen him realise he's had to up his game, and upped it he has.

Is, IMO, the correct answer. Looks like a totally different player now.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Think Izquierdo fully bedding in and showing his quality consistently is really opening things up and helping Muzza and Gross.
I think the main cause of our improved performances is Izquierdo. He's bloody brilliant. Added to that I think is the performances of Schelotto. He can attack with pace and also get back quicker than Bruno, which in turn means that Knocky can attack without having to worry about getting back as much.

Murray is also in great form, but I think a lot of that is due to the improved service he's getting.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Don't really care why tbh. Just enjoying the ride. Think his all round play excellent, especially his hold up play and brining others in. He was wiped out at 80 mins and I thought Ulloa or Locadia would come on but Kayal did instead to shore up the midfield.
Scheletto has been in the shadow of the others but also been brilliant imho.
Given ourselves a bloody good chance of staying up.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I think the main cause of our improved performances is Izquierdo. He's bloody brilliant. Added to that I think is the performances of Schelotto. He can attack with pace and also get back quicker than Bruno, which in turn means that Knocky can attack without having to worry about getting back as much.

Murray is also in great form, but I think a lot of that is due to the improved service he's getting.

Indeed. GM said so himself when interviewed. The service he's getting is a different class now and with the wingers we've got ripping up defences, Murray is not all they have to worry about and he is sneaking into more great positions. The guy oozes guile and experience, so nice to see us getting the best out of him. UTA

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Amazing what a bit of SERIOUS competition for a starting place up front can do, rather than just compete with Championship-level Hemed and Baldock. Also GM is able to capitalise on the much-improved level of service as the confidence returns to the team and we press forward a bit more. It's all good.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here