Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Glenn Murray an Albion legend?

Is Glenn Murray an Albion legend?

• Yes he is

Votes: 341 88.3%
  • He's not yet, but he could become one

Votes: 36 9.3%
  • He could never be an Albion legend

Votes: 9 2.3%

• Total voters

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
League goals only...

114 - Tommy Cook
87 - Glenn Murray
86 - Bert Stephens
84 - Kit Napier
83 - Bobby Zamora
81 - Peter Ward

He's already the highest post-war league goalscorer for the club. What more would have to do to achieve that 'legend' status?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I'm going to get flamed for this but here goes ....

.... playing wise, particularly for his goals, he probably is a legend. The problem being that all our other legends there's been some sort of enthusiasm from then - a warm personality, a gratefulness of the fans and of being here. We don't seem to get that from Murray - just not someone I've warmed to. He never looks really happy.

I know, pathetic reason to say he's not a legend but there you go ....

I actually like him all the more for his mardy demeanour.
It is a clear sign that he’s a genuine person.
With so much pr-driven social media bs flying around from footballers, that’s refreshing.

Also One of my favourite moments of the season was when knockaert scored and Glenn had a go at him for not passing.

An Albion legend, and a true character, through and through

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If getting goals that helps your team get promoted from League One to the Championship and doing the
same to get to the Premier League followed by getting the goals to maybe keep your team there is not enough to get you legend status, you are ****ing hard to please :smile:

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
Yes. Yes. Yes. Glenn Murray is without doubt an Albion legend imo. End of story for me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Yes, I guess so. That Palace stint does not sit well though and will always be there.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
So have we finally forgiven him for his (alleged) laziness, bad attitude, sulks, home sickness and flounces when he first arrived under Poyet (see many previous threads several years ago too numerous to mention)?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm going to get flamed for this but here goes ....

.... playing wise, particularly for his goals, he probably is a legend. The problem being that all our other legends there's been some sort of enthusiasm from then - a warm personality, a gratefulness of the fans and of being here. We don't seem to get that from Murray - just not someone I've warmed to. He never looks really happy.

I know, pathetic reason to say he's not a legend but there you go ....

Utter and complete bollocks :wrong::flameboun:shrug::shootself

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Retire? You can only be a legend once your career is over. Having said that, he would have to go some to not make it!
I think the opposite, and he'd lose legendary status if he said he was bored with football and was retiring with immediate effect.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Didn’t clap me at Brentford away so it’s a no from me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here