Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Glenn Murray an Albion legend?

Is Glenn Murray an Albion legend?

• Yes he is

Votes: 341 88.3%
  • He's not yet, but he could become one

Votes: 36 9.3%
  • He could never be an Albion legend

Votes: 9 2.3%

• Total voters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of course he is... very silly question...

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To top it all, as part of the player inauguration during pre-season they make new players stand up and sign a song.
Really? Why I haven't I heard of this before, and where are the videos?

Joining us last season he sang "Let it go" from Frozen.
:lol: quality

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
All this aloof arrogant stuff is nonsense.

If you've ever met him you'd realise he is ridiculously shy and introverted. Even when he stood in the playground waiting for his kid he was painfully aware that people are looking at him.

From what I know of him, he's a great bloke and dedicated family man.

On the footballing side of things, he's proven he can score at every level and he's done so with the Albion.

2 promotions and now hopefully survival in the Premier League.

To top it all, as part of the player inauguration during pre-season they make new players stand up and sign a song. Joining us last season he sang "Let it go" from Frozen.

LEGEND

This.

He does comes across as shy standing outside Eton College waiting for his kids, but it is a pretty intimidating place!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Yes he is, but it is just a shame that it took a bit of competition for his place for him to up his game.
He and a couple of others.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Legend, no question. Stayed in Brighton while playing for Palace, Reading and Bournemouth, couldn't wait to come back to the Albion, scored and continues to score vital goals. Weirdly, the time he was played through against Arsenal, realised he probably hadn't got the pace to outrun the defenders and decided to go backwards instead has to be one of my favourite Albion moments of recent seasons.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Really? Why I haven't I heard of this before, and where are the videos?

:lol: quality

It was on one of the interviews, not with him mind you... Maybe Player or something.

He chose Frozen because it was the only song he knew all the words too, as like any other dad with a daughter he's seen that film a gazillion times.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
This.

He does comes across as shy standing outside Eton College waiting for his kids, but it is a pretty intimidating place!

hahaha

Obviously his days waiting at the urban ghetto that is Balfour Primary will have toughened him up!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He chose Frozen because it was the only song he knew all the words too, as like any other dad with a daughter he's seen that film a gazillion times.
Damn, I was hoping it was because of some fans resenting the fact he went to Palace. Funny for different reasons.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
For me I see a legend status being put on a player once they have retired. Something could always happen to ruin it if they are legends whilst still playing. I doubt it will and he is brilliant but for me, he is a legend in the making

Citrus

Seagulls over Toronto
Jul 11, 2003
Toronto
Of course he is. His goals took us to the Championship and later in the PL. His rich vein of form looks to have kept us there by early March when so many were saying we'd go down.

Forget Palace, that wasn't his fault. On that note, whist they aren't mutually exclusive, as Murray's stock continues to rise, Poyet's falls, IMHO. Biggest transfer balls up in recent memory, and yes, that includes Kemy...

Nail. Head.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
If he puts Palace to the sword and helps keep us up then there can be no doubt at all. Legend. Don't buy into the negative body language thing, he's no Knocky. Typical no-nonsense northern 'sleeves rolled up in the North Pole, fear nowt, 'ard as ****" type of bloke. Love him to bits.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I know we don't want to think about it, but he is back after a spell on the dark side. That doesn't complete preclude him though - step forward Alan Mullery - and he's knocking on the door of "legend" for me. become only the 2nd Albion player to notch 100 goals, and it's sealed. Or the winner in the Cup Final of course, that would seal it there and then. As would scoring the goal that sends Palace down, ESPECIALLY if he celebrates it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Murray's legend status is already assured but he so close to a number of Albion records: 100 goals for the club so most in the last 40 years, record number of goals in the top flight too.

It would be poetic justice if he scored against Palace and condemn them to relegation, thereby erasing the promotion he won them in 2013.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
three to tie, that was his 92nd yesterday assuming wikipedia keep up to date which I believe they do. It also puts him on 22 career premier league goals, the most of anyone in our squad (before yesterday he was tied 21-21 with whom?)

Can only be Ulloa or Sidwell. I will go Sidwell as Ulloa did not really play that much at Leicester.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Could be one day all that stops him is his perceived lack of passion for the club and its fans or is that just his personality

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Yes he is absolutely- love having him here and love the way he winds up opposition players (looking forward to what he might do to Pritchard when H'field visit), but for me the all-time standout legend will always be Bobby - he was the symbol of the start of the resurrection of the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here