Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So it turns out that Anthony Knockaert really IS better than Ozil...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Has played some excellent passes through to Murray/Izquierdo over the past 3 games.
Definitely looking to do less of it all by himself and appreciates the other talents in the team.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I can understand Knocky frustration yesterday, as it did seem a bizarre substitution at the time, I just hope Chris forgives him.

It was simply to protect Bruno. It was a tough call but overall the right one. Izzy should have laid it off to him a few moments earlier and we may have had 3.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
One of the (very many) enjoyable sub-plots yesterday was that our lot had clearly decided to get into Ozil's head. First half, this was led by The Greyhound. Constant chirp in Ozil's ear. Nudges, prods, standing in his way. At one point Ozil reacted but managed to contain himself. And eventually he moved away from Schelotto completely - thus putting himself completely out of position. When he did that, others, including Stephens and Propper, started getting in his ear too.

In the second half Ozil had more of the ball, but most often it was far deeper than he would have liked to have been, and was therefore far less effective.

Once you noticed it, it was hilariously unsubtle. But so effective. I think our boys are starting to learn how to get along in the Prem, without yet becoming Premadonas.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
One of the (very many) enjoyable sub-plots yesterday was that our lot had clearly decided to get into Ozil's head. First half, this was led by The Greyhound. Constant chirp in Ozil's ear. Nudges, prods, standing in his way. At one point Ozil reacted but managed to contain himself. And eventually he moved away from Schelotto completely - thus putting himself completely out of position. When he did that, others, including Stephens and Propper, started getting in his ear too.

In the second half Ozil had more of the ball, but most often it was far deeper than he would have liked to have been, and was therefore far less effective.

Once you noticed it, it was hilariously unsubtle. But so effective. I think our boys are starting to learn how to get along in the Prem, without yet becoming Premadonas.

We noticed Dunky giving him a bit of a hard time off the ball in the first half too!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

I'd love it if we got a reputation as a niggly team, Too many years of being soft touches. the last few have really changed things great to see. I bet Dunk and Duffy love a wind up.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'd love it if we got a reputation as a niggly team, Too many years of being soft touches. the last few have really changed things great to see. I bet Dunk and Duffy love a wind up.

If they do, I bet they've learnt it all from Glen :bowdown:

D

Deleted member 2719

It was simply to protect Bruno. It was a tough call but overall the right one. Izzy should have laid it off to him a few moments earlier and we may have had 3.

I know Solly game is stronger defensively than Knocky, but I feel Knocky had it all under control, I just hope the decision motivates Knocky and doesn't do the reverse.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Magical player. Big girl's blouse in terms of his conduct.

I agree. I love watching Knocky play when he is on his game like he was yesterday.

He did a great job and when a player gets taken off they should go to the touchline with the view of. ''Right I did my bit and time for you (their replacement) , to do their part'' and be supportive of the player coming on. It is called supporting the player who is replacing you to do well in the remaining part of the match.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I can understand Knocky frustration yesterday, as it did seem a bizarre substitution at the time, I just hope Chris forgives him.

Chris loves him. Knocky had defended like a trojan and with bruno on i suspect the idea was to put fresh legs on in front of him.

I am pleased he didnt want to come off. Too many teams have players hiding.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Deserved to be forgiven. Thought he played really well. Presumably that sub was purely to have some fresh legs in front of Bruno at a point when the team was tiring. So fully justified to be fed up when he was enjoying himself and great that he cares so much.
Agree, accept that in my book there's nothing to forgive.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Even on his strop to the bench he still slapped hands with the others on the bench, but I love that when he got to his seat and kicked the one in front that Ulloa just stared straight ahead and kept his mouth shut :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Agree with the comments above, but he still needs to improve his decision making. A number of occasions yesterday when he held on to the ball for too long, one of them in a defensive situation which could have resulted in a goal.
In a defensive situation is completely different. When a winger is attacking you want them to take on their man, and if it comes off half the time you're in behind them. You don't want that when in your own third.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Was amused to see our defensive players giving Ozil very little respect in the moments between play such as when all players were going up field before a goal kick they'd give him little "accidental" bumps or get in his way. They weren't doing it nonstop but definitely seemed like they were out to unsettle/annoy him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here